Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tony fernandes and co..................the facts!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bracknell Neil View Post
    It might well be James but the well has probably run dry! Mr Fernandes obviously not in a good place at the moment and the club seems to be turning toxic again! If he pulls the plug some of that debt at least will be saddled to the club!
    It won't be saddled to the club, it will be resolved when he sells. New owner may use debt to pay for it. Debt is third party financing with interest attached.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
      It's money club owes tony and shareholders not a bank. Not debt.
      To say that it is "not debt" because it is owed to the shareholders and not to external parties is naive. Yes, it is true that something like 90-95% of our debt is owed to Fernandes, various other Malaysian business men and the Mittals, that is not to say that it isn't real debt and it certainly isn't to say that it couldn't end up hurting us.

I'd assume that a scenario where the shareholders call that money back in is unlikely. I would also assume that we are paying little or no interest on the debt (it probably increases inline with inflation, which isn't a lot at the moment). It is still hanging over us preventing us from being an attractive proposition for other potential buyers should the current regime get fed up of things. It would also certainly be enough to put us in a pickle if Fernandes and co went packing or we found ourselves in a position where we were running at a loss again (relegation out of the Prem perhaps?).

The other worrying factor is how we ever get rid of the debt. If it is truly 170m quid plus that equates to at least 2 years worth of Premier League money. Basically meaning we'd have to remain in the Premier League and not spend a penny for 2 years to get rid of this debt. Given that we are struggling to remain competitive and stay in the black this season that seems like an impossible mission.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the new FFP laws prevent significant cash injections from the board. I'm assuming that means that them writing off the debt is probably an infringement of FFP too. If so then the debt is here to stay for the foreseeable.
      Last edited by Tarbie; 11-01-2015, 02:27 PM.

Comment

It won't be saddled to the club, it will be resolved when he sells. New owner may use debt to pay for it. Debt is third party financing with interest attached.
        What you are forgetting is that level of debt makes the club unbuyable and untenable.. That's the scary fact if Mr Fernandes pulls the plug. Debt is debt

Comment

There's approximately £180m debt, of which £60m is Lakshmi Mittal's and £120m between Tony and his two partners, £40m each. In the grand scheme of things it's not a lot to them and something they can quite easily handle. Mr Mittal's debt share is probably around 0.5% of his total worth.

I wouldn't worry about it. It's their debt and their problem, and they know full well the club can't afford it.
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
            There's approximately £180m debt, of which £60m is Lakshmi Mittal's and £120m between Tony and his two partners, £40m each. In the grand scheme of things it's not a lot to them and something they can quite easily handle. Mr Mittal's debt share is probably around 0.5% of his total worth.

I wouldn't worry about it. It's their debt and their problem, and they know full well the club can't afford it.
            oh well ,every thing is tickety boo ,then
            Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post

Where the hell did you get this from?

You have broken it down lovely mate but I do think you're good at icing the cake but the inside tastes sickly.
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                so are we any better off ,on or off the field, since he took over from tango n cash???...certainly worse off financially and imho on the field too....bar a wonderful albeit lucky day out at wembley have we really progressed under his tenure?.....these financially idiotic 'dreams' of new stadia n training complexes are foolhardy beyond belief and will ultimately destroy us and luckily will never happen im sure....fernandes comes across as a nice guy but is surrounded by those wasting his fools gold at will.......wba,palace,southampton are all similar size clubs run correctly and prudently with a vision and future....i fear ...almost certain we are portsmouth mk2 in the making.....common denominators...clueless manager(redknapp) and foolhardy owner...for mandaric see fernandes!
                We need either a new stadium or the govt to bring back standing areas at football........they (govt) don't look like they're going to do this....so stadium it has to be.
                Southampton and Palace have very good youth set ups, because in the case of Saints they have excellent training facilties....so again it's needed facto....imo

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                  Personally I don't think you are too far off the mark Facto. If we do drop out of the Premiership this year and get hit with a hefty FFP fine then I really could see us becoming a Portsmouth MkII.

I certainly don't think there is anything malicious or sinister about the Fernandes' ownership of the club (which I definitely couldn't say about Briatore, Paladini & Ecclestone), but I certainly think he has made some very poor decisions and trusted some people that he really shouldn't have.

In my opinion if we are to move forward as a club we need to first of all survive this season in the Prem. From there we need a proper clear out of the management of the club. Phil Beard is not a football man and is in the wrong job, Harry is past it, Tony & Amit seem totally hands off these days, and as to what Joe Jordan, Glenn Hoddle and Kevin Bond actually do, I really don't understand. I'd get rid of the lot, put somebody in place as a Director/CEO/MD whatever you want to call it, who knows how to run a football club day to day. Then pick a young manager who understands the modern game. From there we might have the right building blocks to talk about a new ground, better youth policy etc.
                  this.
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

No it would just be added to purchase price when he
                    sells or he'll just have to write it off. It's not debt
                    Added to the purchase price ?

How much do you reckon a mid table championship side is worth then ?
                    "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                    For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Working...
                    X