The ONE "we can still stay up" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ONE "we can still stay up" thread

Burnley are a top, top side, triffic performance, I haven't had any money to spend, its very difficult etc.

Plse give us your reasons why we will still stay up here and offer any explanations/ excuses for our tenth away defeat on the bounce here. Cheers.

*tumbleweed*
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

3 points between 18th and 12th.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
        3 points between 18th and 12th.
        haha good man
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Burnley are a top 18 side.

Comment

With our tough home schedule and our inability to get a single point on the road even at poor teams like Burnley, I think this is over, we will be well adrift in a month's time!
            @gatorTFC

Comment

its not the end of the season yet.

Comment

We have Harry.

Comment

The lads ave worked their socks off out there. It was a triffic effert!! But its been tough!! I fort we deserved somethink out the game............etc etc etc etc blah blah blah etc etc blah blah etc etc blah blah

Comment

We have heart.

Comment

Left back and Defoe and it's possible. just
                      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

This was what I feared so many built up that we would win away against like of burnley and all would be well why???? We lose away week in week out but some thought it was going change!!!!!!

It's time for those who rely on excuses to wake up and smell the coffee cause hiding behind excuses is only covering for Harry and players.

No more excuses simply not good enough away

Comment

nothing really separating the pack as stated above but also the fact that we seem to be getting better away from home and one or two returns from injury before the next away match (hopefully Sandro and Yun) will give us an excellent line up, on the assumption taarabt can keep up his performance from today. One thing I really noticed was how well he kept the ball. He had an incredible accuracy in his passing and looked like doing something every time he got the ball. I'm not his biggest fan by any means but if he works hard I know for a fact that he could make a difference. The key issue for me is the lack of pace in the middle to win the ball. Barton and henry both try bless em, but they lack the pace to win the ball or intercept. I know people may not be the biggest supporter of stats but one startling difference today which cost us was that we only made 6 interceptions compared to burnley's 19. If that is an indication of the issues befalling us, then we know how to fix it. Get sandro back and put fer in the middle. Play Taarabt, Zarate and Vargas as a rotating number 10 and wingers, allowing them freedom in the same way teams like Chelsea, real madrid etc all do so that defenders can't adapt to their individual styles of play. I liked watching us play at times today, which I haven't been able to say that often this season. I like that we played plenty of passes in the final third, and I like that we tried to cross the ball in more often. I don't like the possession losses in central midfield as they can always be avoided.
                          Do I think we will stay up, I can't say. I hope we can and on today's PERFORMANCE and not result, I feel with one or two changes, we can do it.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

only three points off 12th......what's to worry about.

Comment

Put a fork in us. We're done. Hopefully Harry will have the decency to resign.

Comment

Working...
                              X