OOC update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOC update

Old Oak Common development corp set for April launch http://bit.ly/1AzSgaN #qpr #qprfc
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

#triffick #rightplot

Comment

What does it say?
      Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
        What does it say?
        'Register to read more' unfortunately mate!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
          'Register to read more' unfortunately mate!!!

http://www.building.co.uk/news/old-o...073012.article

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
            What does it say?
            Well come on register and let us all know

Comment

Still says it!!

Comment

Can someone with access to the whole piece tell us why they are delaying until April and not launching right now? I have a theory of course but I hope I am wrong
                Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

I'm not being asked to register (using Chrome).

Old Oak Common development corp set for April launch
                  6 January 2015 | By Jim Dunton

The proposals for overseeing the redevelopment of the 950 hectare site surrounding the huge HS2 and Crossrail interchange earmarked for Old Oak Common won support from London Assembly members last month.

Now Mayor of London Boris Johnson has asked communities secretary Eric Pickles to lay an order for the mayoral development corporation’s establishment before Parliament, with the expectation that it will come into effect on April 1.

The corporation would take over planning responsibilities from the local authorities currently responsible for the area in a bid to better co-ordinate development.

Two rival development teams are vying to redevelop Old Oak Common.

Last month auto-retailer Car Giant, which owns 47 hectares of land in the development corporation zone, entered into a collaboration with developer London & Regional Properties to redevelop its holding.

The move plunged football Club Queens Park Rangers’ earlier plans for a new stadium on the site and a wider regeneration scheme into jeopardy.

Johnson said the corporation would look to emulate the success of the London Legacy Development Corporation in east London, which is redeveloping the London 2012 Olympic Park.

He said: “By 2030 the sprawling industrial land at Old Oak Common could be a thriving new district teeming with tens of thousands of new homes and jobs and a rail station the size of Waterloo.

“This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform this site and there is no doubt that a Mayoral Development Corporation is the best way to unlock its enormous potential.’”

Once it is established, the development corporation will be chaired by the mayor of London or a designate.

It will have a board that include councillors from Hammersmith & Fulham, Brent, and Ealing councils, all of which currently have jurisdiction over parts of the site.

Comment

Eric Pickles ... oh dear.
                    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                      Eric Pickles ... oh dear.
                      Whats wrong with Eric Pickles then? Is he out to ruin or skint us like everyone on our board and the rest of the world? Serious question?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Whats wrong with Eric Pickles then? Is he out to ruin or skint us like everyone on our board and the rest of the world? Serious question?
                        He's the wanchor who's got rid of Shepherds Bush Market and surrounding shops (Cookes etc) to let his property developer pal build millionaires flats. Great for the local community that! Oh look at them gorgeous flats I could never live in.

Comment

It doesn't say how much of the area QPR backers own I am under the opinion they own enough to be able to make alternate arrangement for a stadium to be sited elsewhere from car giants plot

Comment

Am I reading this right? The site is 950h and car giant own 5% of it, yet tell us we can't have a stadium there?

I hope our boys buy all the surrounding land and box them in!
                            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                              He's the wanchor who's got rid of Shepherds Bush Market and surrounding shops (Cookes etc) to let his property developer pal build millionaires flats. Great for the local community that! Oh look at them gorgeous flats I could never live in.
                              Shame about the bush market i admit, but if hes a build on everything type then thats got to be netter for our plans aint it.

Comment

Working...
                              X