Its Loans ONLY...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its Loans ONLY...

..this month, unless we get transfer fees for Adel, Hoillet, Philips, or Traore. We will NOT be loaning Mutch out: we're stuck with him. It will be 3 loans, one of which will be underwhelming to say the least. I'm no ITK, BTW. But wait and see...I'll come back to you on this Feb 1st.

Oh, and 2 of the loans will be " with an option to purchase"....including the 'underwhelmed' unfortunately. I'm keeping schtum now..other than that the first 2 will sign in the next few days...the (very) dodgy one will be very near or on deadline date so fortunately won't do much further damage this month to our fortunes!!
    Last edited by bushkangaroo; 05-01-2015, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Personally I'm a firm believer that any thread containing the phrase "I'm no ITK, BTW" must be taken very seriously!

Comment

Personally I don't think loans are a bad idea for us.

If we go down, and right now I think we are heading that way, we are not left with some mercanery on a long contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
          Personally I don't think loans are a bad idea for us.

If we go down, and right now I think we are heading that way, we are not left with some mercanery on a long contract.
          One problem with loans is that there is a limit on how many the club can have, but QPR need a few positions covered including full backs central midfield left wing and centre forward.
          Onouha is not good enough at right back ditto for Traore at left back.
          Sandro cant be relied on, the wingers are crap and cover and support is needed for Austin.
          Thats at least 5 players.

Comment

Should have gone down the loans route years ago, would not have been in such enormous debt now, whatever the league.
            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Who are we in debt to? Could someone be so kind as to break it down for me or is this massive debt all to one bank/organisation? So much emphasis and worry over this huge debt (hamster hardly ever posts without mentioning it) but I don't even think about it, maybe cos im naive!

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                One problem with loans is that there is a limit on how many the club can have, but QPR need a few positions covered including full backs central midfield left wing and centre forward.
                Onouha is not good enough at right back ditto for Traore at left back.
                Sandro cant be relied on, the wingers are crap and cover and support is needed for Austin.
                Thats at least 5 players.
                There is only a limit (2?) on domestic loans iirc. Loans from foreign leagues are unlimited, but we are still bound by the home-grown player limit in the 25-man squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Who are we in debt to? Could someone be so kind as to break it down for me or is this massive debt all to one bank/organisation? So much emphasis and worry over this huge debt (hamster hardly ever posts without mentioning it) but I don't even think about it, maybe cos im naive!
                  Relying in my memory again (dodgy), bit i think we only owe 10 million to a bank. The rest (~£160M) is to shareholders/board.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                    Relying in my memory again (dodgy), bit i think we only owe 10 million to a bank. The rest (~£160M) is to shareholders/board.
                    So no reason to be worried then! Cos if they do one (god forbid) they take what they are owed with them!

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                      yeh, that rings a bell with me too. if the owners look to sell, they'll have reach some agreement over the debt to the shareholders/board. main risk remains that they might decide one day to cut losses completely and liquidate the assets of the club to get their cash back (which wouldn't seem so far-fetched if we were relegated straight to the conference with no chance of getting back into the football league).

Comment

What's this thread all about? Is it for the thread starter to come back to in February and say 'I told you so'?

All you've said is we're signing loan players, something everyone knows. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          So no reason to be worried then! Cos if they do one (god forbid) they take what they are owed with them!
                          Or liquidate the assets to get at least some of the money back.
                          Rio Ferdinand should fetch a few quid, and the ground should fetch quite a few more.
                          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                            Im uber confident it will never come to that. For one we aint got any assets and for two they are billionaires and knew what they were doing when spending and putting the club in that position and so wouldnt do that.
                            You can keep on seeing a portsmouth in those pessimistic eyes though, i would never expect or want you not to.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                              Rio Ferdinand should fetch a few quid, and the ground should fetch quite a few more.
                              they wont do that, tony and amit loves us.
                              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                              X