Expectation and clear strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expectation and clear strategy

I guess this is our problem, personally I expect a very hard season and never expected a win today.... So I am not struggling like many on here.

The other piece is strategy, The club I believe has a plan but I am concerned if everyone is part of the long term plan. Harry seems to be the short term keep them up man.... While Fernandes seems to be building a backroom team to deliver a long term plan. Both are fine but we need some wins and I don't mean premier league ones...Training ground , a Stadium, etc.

I feel we also have this doom of relegation which doesn't not bother me until you notice the football league want to fine us! This could damage all long term plans.

So I don't blame anyone for being down at the moment.... We need some light at the end of the tunnel.

I thought we had to pay the fine if we went back into the Championship, but this doesn't appear to be the case.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/

For some reason we are the only team being mentioned in relation to this. However having read the article, Leicester also made a loss and are liable for a fine of about 20 million.

The fine does not become payable until December apparently and having read the article, I am not sure that anybody will ever pay it.

Does anybody have any more information on this?

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
      I thought we had to pay the fine if we went back into the Championship, but this doesn't appear to be the case.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/

For some reason we are the only team being mentioned in relation to this. However having read the article, Leicester also made a loss and are liable for a fine of about 20 million.

The fine does not become payable until December apparently and having read the article, I am not sure that anybody will ever pay it.

Does anybody have any more information on this?
      We are expected to pay any fine due when the Football League demand it. However, as the article states, we are now in the Premier League and not governed by the Football League. That means that we could potentially contest the fine with impunity, since the Premier League are unlikely to help the FL collect the money or otherwise punish us.

The problem comes when we get relegated. If we still haven't paid any fines due, we could be refused entry to the Football League and end up playing non-league football.

I believe that we are singled out in particular because we are believed to have made a particularly large loss, and because we were not a FL club when the rules were agreed. I believe that Leicester were one of the clubs that agreed to the rules and so even though they may get fined, they are less likely to contest it.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
        We are expected to pay any fine due when the Football League demand it. However, as the article states, we are now in the Premier League and not governed by the Football League. That means that we could potentially contest the fine with impunity, since the Premier League are unlikely to help the FL collect the money or otherwise punish us.

The problem comes when we get relegated. If we still haven't paid any fines due, we could be refused entry to the Football League and end up playing non-league football.

I believe that we are singled out in particular because we are believed to have made a particularly large loss, and because we were not a FL club when the rules were agreed. I believe that Leicester were one of the clubs that agreed to the rules and so even though they may get fined, they are less likely to contest it.
        Not all teams in the FL agreed to it and if Leicester were making a loss, I assume that they were one of the teams who didn't agree (another article says that they are one of the teams considering legal action). Also originally the funds were going to go to the other teams but they are now going to charity, so there is no real benefit to the teams not making a big loss.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
          Not all teams in the FL agreed to it and if Leicester were making a loss, I assume that they were one of the teams who didn't agree (another article says that they are one of the teams considering legal action). Also originally the funds were going to go to the other teams but they are now going to charity, so there is no real benefit to the teams not making a big loss.
          If Leicester didn't vote for the rules then I guess they may contest it. They wouldn't have as much of a case as us though. They were a FL club through the whole process whereas our main complaint would be based on not having any time to adjust when coming down from the PL and being stuck with players on PL wages.

Comment

Originally posted by Fozzieboy View Post
            I guess this is our problem, personally I expect a very hard season and never expected a win today.... So I am not struggling like many on here.

The other piece is strategy, The club I believe has a plan but I am concerned if everyone is part of the long term plan. Harry seems to be the short term keep them up man.... While Fernandes seems to be building a backroom team to deliver a long term plan. Both are fine but we need some wins and I don't mean premier league ones...Training ground , a Stadium, etc.

I feel we also have this doom of relegation which doesn't not bother me until you notice the football league want to fine us! This could damage all long term plans.

So I don't blame anyone for being down at the moment.... We need some light at the end of the tunnel.
            If you didn't expect to beat a League 1 side at home with a fairly strong starting XI, then I would suggest that your expectations are unusually low.

For all Fernandes' talk about training grounds and new stadiums, they are not really any closer to coming to fruition - we actually unveiled designs for both of them before even acquiring the land. In my mind, that is not a clear strategy on how to improve the club.

The thing is, we keep having the "doom of relegation" over us. Something is inherently wrong at the club at board room level, and that includes Fernandes. You can never hope to build the club by jumping between the Championship and the PL - the exorbetent money spent on players (and the reusulting FFP fines) only compounds the situation. Until we start playing young players from the Academy i..e from the local area, bring in a young manager with passion, commitment and modern ideas, and stop harbouring aspirations of 40,000 seater stadiums, we will never break this vicious cycle.

Comment

Working...
            X