• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defoe to Leicester. Apparently.

Hmmmm

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...premier-league

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-problems.html

Interesting 77

Will command a lot of wong from them as they are in a desperate position. Make or break for them.

Will come down to wages. Don't think the pull of Harry being Harry is enough anymore.

Comment

If football had any loyalty harry would say I have taken you everywhere I have gone andnshown faith in you time to return my loyalty but as we know it left the game years ago

Radio said Leicester paying £4mil fee plus 75k a week which we were getting dug out for when we were last up so its one rule for one and another for us

By all accounts he very close to his mum and reason for wanting to return is her so I would not write us off just yet as hull and Leicester is not the same as living in London by his old dear

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        If football had any loyalty harry would say I have taken you everywhere I have gone andnshown faith in you time to return my loyalty but as we know it left the game years ago

Radio said Leicester paying £4mil fee plus 75k a week which we were getting dug out for when we were last up so its one rule for one and another for us

By all accounts he very close to his mum and reason for wanting to return is her so I would not write us off just yet as hull and Leicester is not the same as living in London by his old dear
        Thought Toronto wouldn't take less than 6 million (though don't think they have had any offers rather than loans). By the way apparently last summer we wanted him on loan (according to Toronto FC) so nothing much has changed.

Don't think the board will sanction anything like 75 thousand a week. For that amount they will expect him to play every game which I can't see happening.
        Last edited by jmelanie; 03-01-2015, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Tbh 6million is a lot. I want qpr to move away from these older signings. Bamford please
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

1 hour on the train from Leicester. Not that bad tbh.

Still think £4m & 75k is way to much.

Comment

He's no spring chicken, he's injured a lot lately and he seems more interested in coming back to the UK than doing a job for someone. I wouldn't risk it for that sort of money.

Comment

Carlton Cole on deadline day it is then!

Comment

Big mistake letting him go there.he'll be worth every penny.rangers need to liven up here.great player that guarantees goals
                  Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                    Big mistake letting him go there.he'll be worth every penny.rangers need to liven up here.great player that guarantees goals
                    It's a tricky one because short term he's very good, goal scorer everything else

On the other hand Austin was 4million, look at his sell on. We've had these big names before & they didn't work. Not to mention 75k a week wages. Personally id go for Rhodes, Bamford, Deeney. Them sort of players
                    Under Les Ferdinand:
                    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                      It's a tricky one because short term he's very good, goal scorer everything else

On the other hand Austin was 4million, look at his sell on. We've had these big names before & they didn't work. Not to mention 75k a week wages. Personally id go for Rhodes, Bamford, Deeney. Them sort of players
                      Agree with you plus he could get injured and be out the squad for a while. Like you say I'd rather spend the money on younger future players, where the club can get a return on their investment.

I am a Defoe fan by the way.

Comment

He was going to Hull in all yesterdays papers.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                          He's no spring chicken, he's injured a lot lately and he seems more interested in coming back to the UK than doing a job for someone. I wouldn't risk it for that sort of money.
                          I think he's more interested in coming back to England in general, and London in particular.
                          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Let them have him, I know we need a forward and a right back. But I would love Rangers to sign will Hughes from Derby a great little players. I was scared to death off him in the play off final
                            You Rsssssss

Comment

Liverpool supposedly sniffing as well.
                              http://www.westlondonsport.com/chels...with-liverpool

Comment

Working...
                              X