Festive Fixture period Success or Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festive Fixture period Success or Failure

played four games WBA, Arsenal, Palace and Swansea taking five points out of possible twelve how do you think we done??
    Successful, got the points expected
    3.13%
    Disaster, way down on points we should have picked up
    6.25%
    Disappointing, could have been better but could have been worse
    90.63%

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    played four games WBA, Arsenal, Palace and Swansea taking five points out of possible twelve how do you think we done??
    Would have liked 6 or 7. not fussed really about 5, what matters more is how we have done relative to the pack and that is fine.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Well its definitely not a failure
      Last edited by winalotto; 02-01-2015, 02:43 PM. Reason: na

Comment

Not a disaster, but definitely disappointing seeing as three out of the four were at home.

Failing to win two home games on the trot, bearing in mind our ridiculous away record, does not bode well.

Doubt there is anything we can do now other than to hope that three of the clubs around us have a dreadful second half of the season, as I have seen nothing from us that would suggest we are going to improve to a significant degree.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
          Not a disaster, but definitely disappointing seeing as three out of the four were at home.

Failing to win two home games on the trot, bearing in mind our ridiculous away record, does not bode well.

Doubt there is anything we can do now other than to hope that three of the clubs around us have a dreadful second half of the season, as I have seen nothing from us that would suggest we are going to improve to a significant degree.
          I agree. I was realistically hoping for 7 points. failing to beat Palace was the main disappointment. not only would it have earned 2 more points, but Palace would have 1 less.

Comment

only losing 25% of those games is pretty good, so a success imo. Happy with that, and its in relation to others around us as well so a good xmas time .

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              Would have liked 6 or 7. not fussed really about 5, what matters more is how we have done relative to the pack and that is fine.
              you always post a lot of sense Nasser! It's refreshing!

Comment

Disappointing...hoped for seven.

Comment

All went as I expected bar the Palace game which I hoped we would have won, but all in all not too bad - still out of the relegation zone which is a good sign!
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I've been back for all 4 games and I've been encouraged by the performances. Looks like there is plenty of fight in the team and that's what you need in a relegation battle. All of that said, I really hope we don't find ourselves a point or 2 short of where we need to be in May. We really haven't got the points we should have done, certainly yesterday and probably against Arsenal as well in my opinion.

Comment

If we had beaten Palace like we should have and saw the added time out properly yesterday, we would have been joint 12th with Villa, despite our appalling away record. We would also have been 5 points clear of Burnley in 18th place, knowing that a win up there Saturday week would have seen us 8 points clear and therefore realistically making it very difficult for two teams to catch us.

Sadly, we failed to perform against Palace and gifted Swansea a point yesterday. There are only so many times one can afford to screw up and I'm afraid to say that Harry has almost used his quota.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                        If we had beaten Palace like we should have and saw the added time out properly yesterday, we would have been joint 12th with Villa, despite our appalling away record. We would also have been 5 points clear of Burnley in 18th place, knowing that a win up there Saturday week would have seen us 8 points clear and therefore realistically making it very difficult for two teams to catch us.
                        Sadly, we failed to perform against Palace and gifted Swansea a point yesterday. There are only so many times one can afford to screw up and I'm afraid to say that Harry has almost used his quota.
                        All ifs and buts mate. No point dwelling on that. The fact is we only lost once over Christmas which is OK.

Comment

There's a league table of the 4 festive games in The Sun today..... we're mid-table and above Leicester, Sunderland, Villa, Burnley, Palace, WBA and Everton. Hull (with 6 pts to our 5pts) are the only other relegation candidates who did better than us over Xmas.
                          Overall, we did well and outperformed most of our rivals.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            i think had we held on yesterday 7 points would have been excellent im happy with 5 as it could have been none, West Brom should have won so should of Palace and Swansea
                            TWITTER
                            @alanfullerqpr

FACEBOOK
                            Alan Fuller

QPR IS MY LIFE.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                              There's a league table of the 4 festive games in The Sun today..... we're mid-table and above Leicester, Sunderland, Villa, Burnley, Palace, WBA and Everton. Hull (with 6 pts to our 5pts) are the only other relegation candidates who did better than us over Xmas.
                              Overall, we did well and outperformed most of our rivals.
                              i like this could have got more but not the end of the world
                              TWITTER
                              @alanfullerqpr

FACEBOOK
                              Alan Fuller

QPR IS MY LIFE.

Comment

Working...
                              X