Up for the Cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up for the Cup?

It's that time of year again. Just wondering where everybody sits now on the importance of the FA Cup to us. Should we go for it or not?
    Stongest Team - the Cup is the only thing we can win
    21.74%
    Weakened Team - rest some players for more important matches
    43.48%
    Reserve Team - just a distraction to the much more important task of staying up
    34.78%

The poll is expired.

'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Yeah f**k it....lets go and win it this year

Comment

We aren't going to win it so let's just bin it off like we do every year

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
        It's that time of year again. Just wondering where everybody sits now on the importance of the FA Cup to us. Should we go for it or not?
        Not at all bothered so would get SWP and Taarabt out there showing us what they can do.

Is the game on TV as it's on Sunday?

Comment

Wouldn't choose our best players as in the past important players (Mackie, Faurlin etc.) have got bad injuries.

Comment

As Jane says we always suffer injuries in cup so put those out that are disposable and we can afford to lose like SWP etc

Comment

Always want to play the strongest team in the cup matches, our only chance of silverware nowadays.
              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

cant stand cup weekends. Send out SWP , Tarbs , traore and rio , philips up front as a false 9

Comment

Would we have such a jaundiced view of the cup if we'd actually been any good in it over the last 20 years?

I'd love to see us actually try for once.

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                    cant stand cup weekends. Send out SWP , Tarbs , traore and rio , philips up front as a false 9
                    A false 9???....He's a false 1 to 11!!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                      A false 9???....He's a false 1 to 11!!
                      so true....

Comment

always play your strongest team possible , winning is everything

Comment

Weakened. Try out Zarate, bring in Adel. Rest Hill as Yun will be out for a while and Traore is awful in the prem at Left back

McCarthy
                          Onuoha Rio Caulker Traore
                          Phillips Mutch Fer Hoilett
                          Taarabt
                          Zarate
                          Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 29-12-2014, 11:35 PM.
                          "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Strong team, but with game time to a couple of the current squad (those we intend to keep). I donīt think losing to SH UTD in the cup will be good for team spirit.
                            https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

I'm probably just making the same points I made a year ago but are we really now so sad that all we care about is trying to make sure we continue to be allowed to play with the big boys? Are we so scared of getting an injury that we aren't prepared to actually try to win something?

I guess so.

To JM's point: yes, we lost Mackie in a Cup match but didn't we win the league?!
                              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                              X