Resting/rotating players over Christmas fixtures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resting/rotating players over Christmas fixtures

There was some lively debate on here about how to deploy our, ahem "squad", over the Arsenal and Palace games. One thing I read today was that Burnley were unchanged in their last 5 games and that culminated in an energetic display at Etihad.
    This seems to indicate that it is possible to have a team of professional footballers who are sufficiently robust and fit to play a few games over a few days. Dyche was apparently incredulous at suggestions about players getting tired and pointed out they were not in Europe and had played several games less this season than the corresponding time last year in Championship.
    Ultimately, I realise we can't match the big guns for skill and class but we ought to be able to match them all for fitness, work-rate and application..... if we can't I think we have the wrong players.

Do you mind? We've already established that it was OK to throw the game at Arsenal in order to beat Palace.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      Do you mind? We've already established that it was OK to throw the game at Arsenal in order to beat Palace.
      you don't realize ,with a bit of luck we could have won both
      Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
        you don't realize ,with a bit of luck we could have won both
        That may yet be this season's epitaph.
        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

I think there should only be two games over the Christmas period, one around Boxing Day and one around New Year. I know the players are well paid, but they deserve to spend time with their families the same as everyone else. Especially as so many players these days are not from the United Kingdom.

Comment

Working...
          X