No announcement yet.

Awful game of football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could be that on the rare occasion when we win, most are too busy, drunk, partying, jumping around the living room etc, to have time to come on here - But when we lose, we want to distant ourselves from our loved ones (or in my case, my wife grabs the kid & the dog & runs for the hills), & find ourselves with not much else to do than come on here & 'contribute'?
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
      It could be that on the rare occasion when we win, most are too busy, drunk, partying, jumping around the living room etc, to have time to come on here - But when we lose, we want to distant ourselves from our loved ones (or in my case, my wife grabs the kid & the dog & runs for the hills), & find ourselves with not much else to do than come on here & 'contribute'?
      And what about the rest of the week??
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
        Think Kev's spot on with his sarcastic 'Harry Out' and 'hating qpr' comments because they're sarcastically directed at the posters who only turn up to have a moan.....

Hey we're 15th in the prem after being relegated only ONE season ago. And we're slowly building a very decent squad with some very talented young players - McCarthy, Isla, Caulker, Yun, Vargas, Mutch, Fer, Austin (dont think HR done to bad with these signings).
        Not really Nick. I think most of us understand that if you disagree with a post you address the points made, you don't have a pop at the poster, who is fully entitled to his opinion, be it positive or negative. But that requires some basic intelligence which is presumably why Kevin McLeod doesn't do it.
        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
          Not really Nick. I think most of us understand that if you disagree with a post you address the points made, you don't have a pop at the poster, who is fully entitled to his opinion, be it positive or negative. But that requires some basic intelligence which is presumably why Kevin McLeod doesn't do it.
          I get that ds and obviously every ones entitled to their own opinions, and of course theres going to be negative comments, (after all this is QPR )and thats what makes this a great forum.....the issue is the ones whos opinion are purely constant negativity, put downs and moans their the one who deserve the sarcastic comments. Why should they get the reaction the crave just so they can put this club down for the sake of it?
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

It's just as easy to make overtly positive posts after a poor display, praise the manager for not doing as badly as some may think, or not come on here after a loss, as it is to criticise a poor display, criticise poor management, or not come on here after a win. Isn't it?

It's nothing other than a difference of opinion, but I doubt if anyone has ever convinced anyone else to change their mind by being dismissive or rude. Not that changing anyone else's mind should be the aim, so much as discussing different viewpoints.

I truly wish I didn't get so wound up by us so much, but I suppose it's better than not caring.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
              It's just as easy to make overtly positive posts after a poor display, praise the manager for not doing as badly as some may think, or not come on here after a loss, as it is to criticise a poor display, criticise poor management, or not come on here after a win. Isn't it?

It's nothing other than a difference of opinion, but I doubt if anyone has ever convinced anyone else to change their mind by being dismissive or rude. Not that changing anyone else's mind should be the aim, so much as discussing different viewpoints.

I truly wish I didn't get so wound up by us so much, but I suppose it's better than not caring.
              Yeah very true brighton..... just seems very strange why any rangers fan would only come on her to post 'only' to moan

Anyway Im going to leave it there before I get accused of moaning about moaners by some one moaning about me moaning about moaners....
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                Yeah very true brighton..... just seems very strange why any rangers fan would only come on her to post 'only' to moan

Anyway Im going to leave it there before I get accused of moaning about moaners by some one moaning about me moaning about moaners....
                What are you talking about? I've been a member of this forum since 2008 and so this accusation that 'I only come here to moan' is demonstrably false. In my hundreds and hundreds of posts I've offered a diverse range of views, positive and negative. But even if I was a constant moaner, I'd still have the right to express myself without illiterate cretins making personal attacks. No problem if you disagree with me, but try to actually rebut my points in something resembling argument rather than ad hominem.

Comment

The substitution of Fer and introduction of Phillips instead of Zamora wasn't really a "Mourinho moment". He knows probably a lot about fotball, but the things he misses......

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                    Maybe because he was tired, and another yellow would've seen him get a 1 game suspension? We don't have a huge squad of talent to choose from, and Fer is one of our most important players. The real question is why did our subs have such a negligible impact on the game?

We are 15th on merit, nothing illusory about it. We have by and large taken points off of the sides at the bottom (Hull being the exception) and there is little to suggest that we can't do the same in the New Year. If anything, our current away record is the only illusory aspect of our season so far - we deserved something at Chelsea, Southampton, Newcastle and arguably even Arsenal.
                    Other than the fact that in the New Year we play them all away from home and have yet to pick up an away point.

Also, we play mostly top half teams at home and have yet to win one of those either.
                    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                    X