Back three

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back three

How do people think it looked yesterday???

At the start of the season those were prob the three most would have gone with pace on either side and experience in the middle. Thought they looked decent enough as a three and from the stand Rio done reasonably well given the concerns about him but Dunne owns the shirt and should come back in tomorrow but on yesterday's showing would have no concerns Rio stepping up again

Isla got forward on so many occasions but we never slipped him in you can see he knows how to play the wing back role

Formation looked solid. I thought everyone but troare at the back was good. Isla was very good.

Midfield was poor. Krancjar looked lost Henry works hard but is a average footballer and Mutch is really struggling to adapt.

Vargas looked in confident, needlessly turning away from goal

And Charlie worked very hard and held the ball up a lot better than normal but he was fighting a lost cause..

Fer wanted the ball when he came on and hoilett was our most dangerous route into the box, he just didn't have the quality on the delivery though.

Comment

what would have been the outcome if Arsenal finished with 11 men? There really was only one team in it. The 3 cb's done well but Traore was such a liability he put too much pressure on them. Opportunity lost yesterday, got to motivate myself for tomorrow, depressing
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

I think we missed an opportunity at Everton as well, should have been two points from those games
        Kept the faith!

Comment

Not too bad to be honest, credit it where it is due, Rio done pretty well. Caulker solid, Nedum done well. Massive weak link was Traore who had an absolute Reggie & cost us dearly.

Henry seemed to struggle a bit against the dynamic Arsenal midfield, I still don't see what Mutch brings to the table at all. Niko was a passenger for most of the game.

Midfield in general just gave possession away way too easily, it was almost embarrassing at times.

Not being able to get a grip of the game at all in midfield, plus Traore's performance, is what cost us IMO - the others were backs to the wall for 70 minutes, but done their jobs well enough.

No pressure on the Palace game now....
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Im not tw but whats a Reggie mate? Thought i was bare up with the street chat. Peak times.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              Im not tw but whats a Reggie mate? Thought i was bare up with the street chat. Peak times.
              oh come on Kev!......Reggie Cray=Bad Day.

Comment

Must of been absent from rhyming slang school that day mate..

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  Not too bad to be honest, credit it where it is due, Rio done pretty well. Caulker solid, Nedum done well. Massive weak link was Traore who had an absolute Reggie & cost us dearly.

Henry seemed to struggle a bit against the dynamic Arsenal midfield, I still don't see what Mutch brings to the table at all. Niko was a passenger for most of the game.

Midfield in general just gave possession away way too easily, it was almost embarrassing at times.

Not being able to get a grip of the game at all in midfield, plus Traore's performance, is what cost us IMO - the others were backs to the wall for 70 minutes, but done their jobs well enough.

No pressure on the Palace game now....
                  I think we were just trying to accommodate Rio so set up with this 3 at the back rubbish.

We didn't look comfortable at any time with it as no-one seemed to have any idea what they were doing. Really Arsenal could have and should have been out of sight by half time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    Must of been absent from rhyming slang school that day mate..
                    hope you had a good Christmas mate.....happy new year to you!

Comment

back at ya.

Comment

If we keep using the 3/5 defenders away from home, the players will adapt to it. It looked decent at times yday. It will also give us another option at home should the 442 be "found out" by other teams
                        "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
                          I think we were just trying to accommodate Rio so set up with this 3 at the back rubbish.

We didn't look comfortable at any time with it as no-one seemed to have any idea what they were doing. Really Arsenal could have and should have been out of sight by half time.
                          Like every other away game so far then this season

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                            oh come on Kev!......Reggie Cray=Bad Day.
                            Reggie Blinker - Stinker!
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Is that a real one or one you made up mucker? Deffo a new one on me.

Comment

Working...
                              X