Scott Sinclair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Sinclair

Apparently we're looking at taking him on loan in January. I think he'd be a great compliment to Vargas on the other wing, as he can also cut inside and bring others into the game. Also chipped in with a few for Swansea, and is a better crosser than Hoilett. Would we go for Sinclair and Townsend in the same window though?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...ester-4847304?
    Last edited by surrey_hoop; 21-12-2014, 09:51 AM.

Would definitely take him if we failed with a bid for townsend.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      Would definitely take him if we failed with a bid for townsend.
      I've always liked him as a player.....does his bit tracking back as well when asked to, which isn't something Junior is known for. Him and Townsend on the wings with Charlie and Edu up front would be lethal.

Comment

Yeah forgot we could always push Vargas up top. Would be interesting to see how he got along for a few games up top.

Sinclair Fer Henry/Barton Townsend

Vargas Austin

Certainly would have some pace in the team and added quality

Comment

Not for me. Plays for himself, not the team and if on loan wouldn't care about our plight. Plus he's been rotting for 2 yrs with barely any first team football so won't be the player he was for Swansea.

Comment

Agree I question his attitude when he has hardly kicked a ball for anyone for last 2 seasons. Why is this ? Surely you want to play football week in week out.

Comment

Every transfer rumour seems to be coming from the Mirror right now
              I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

Was on fire for Swansea before he saw £ signs.

Would be a big improvement on Matty Wright Phillips.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                  Not for me. Plays for himself, not the team and if on loan wouldn't care about our plight. Plus he's been rotting for 2 yrs with barely any first team football so won't be the player he was for Swansea.
                  It's looking like we will be relying heavily on loans in this window, so we all better get used to it.

Comment

think the boy redmond at naaawich be a better choice!
                    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                      It's looking like we will be relying heavily on loans in this window, so we all better get used to it.
                      I think that quote's for the media personally and they will spend a bit if needed. As for loans in general, many would be fine as top pros have the right attitude, however, I don't see Sinclair fitting that description. When we had him previously he played for himself to get noticed and headlines, shooting from anywhere rather than squaring the ball for a team mate tap in. If he came now, he;'d have something to prove again and would be trying to put himself in the shop window again to earn a move from City no doubt.

I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                        think the boy redmond at naaawich be a better choice!
                        Looked tidy again on FLS last night

Comment

Personally id rather see Hoilett get more game time. In cameo's he's looked excellent at times this season, against Villa came on and hit a post with a worldie attempt, at Everton I thought was very dangerous running at opposition something we've lacked, although shot too early too often, and yesterday he did great when he came on and was very direct putting them under pressure.

As good as Fer is, it frustrates me seeing him "wide" because he slows play up, always comes inside and condenses the whole midfield meaning less sp0ace for others and has no pace or threat on the break. It becomes predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by HertsHoops View Post
                            Looked tidy again on FLS last night
                            Yeah I like the look of him. Only 20 aswell. Would cost a fair bit I reckon tho and we have no money to spend remember!

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                              Personally id rather see Hoilett get more game time. In cameo's he's looked excellent at times this season, against Villa came on and hit a post with a worldie attempt, at Everton I thought was very dangerous running at opposition something we've lacked, although shot too early too often, and yesterday he did great when he came on and was very direct putting them under pressure.

As good as Fer is, it frustrates me seeing him "wide" because he slows play up, always comes inside and condenses the whole midfield meaning less sp0ace for others and has no pace or threat on the break. It becomes predictable.
                              You are right Hoilett has looked much improved. Guess he has the Christmas period to turn some of that good build up play into goals or assists and prove he is worth a place.

Comment

Working...
                              X