No announcement yet.

Petition - ask QPR (like Chelsea) to pay a living wage to all their employees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition - ask QPR (like Chelsea) to pay a living wage to all their employees

https://www.change.org/p/queens-park...etition-no_msg

http://www.qpr1st.com/news/qpr1st-decent-chelsea/

Comment

Signed.

Comment

SWP wont be happy with this.... getting paid hourly that is.
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Hardly team related this is it.........should be moved.

Comment

QPR related, and it will be seen by more in here. Definitely deserves the extra audience.

Comment

How do we know that we don't already???

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                How do we know that we don't already???
                That's what this is asking the club to do. Either confirm we're already doing it, or ensure that we commit to doing it.

From the QPR1st link
                Sadly, according to a BBC report, no-one from QPR was able to comment on the club’s view on the Living Wage. We believe the club should commit itself to paying it to staff and to ensuring future contracts with external contractors providing a service guarantee a Living Wage to staff involved.
                This could be the shortest lived petition on record if the club respond quickly. Hopefully that'll be the case.

Comment

From what I saw on the news this living wage business is a voluntary they aren't obliged to comply with it.

I'm sorry but if your employer is paying you sh1te wages and you think your worth more vote with you feet and find a better job.

Presumably this guy who started this petition is on a pittance and has a bee in his bonnet

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                    QPR related, and it will be seen by more in here. Definitely deserves the extra audience.
                    Well i disagree....Lucky to have a job

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                      Well i disagree....Lucky to have a job
                      Fair enough. Don't sign it.

Why would you care enough to ask for it to be moved to a less visible forum?

Comment

Won't be signing. This subject doesn't bother me at all I'm afraid.

Not getting paid enough? Find work elsewhere. Always someone else's fault.

Comment

absolutely, #### them all...

of course if they are only on minimum wage rather than the living wage then the difference will get made up on benefits. and who pays those benefits? the individual tax payers, you and me and thats a fact. So is it better that they receive a living wage that means they dont need to claim benefits, directly from a large corporation such as QPR or Nandos or Subway Or Starbucks, that make little or no contribution by way of taxes in this country, or is it better that we let these corporations pay minimum wage, and we subsides them through our personal taxation?
                          its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Its a good job we pay minimum wage, otherwise they would be on full benefits.

Comment

If the pay is #### get a better job.

Comment

Working...
                              X