Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Suspension

Blessing in disguise

If previous away games are anything to go we would be wasting Austin time playing up top on his own and risking him getting injured. Now he's out he gets two weeks rest so hes ready to go against WBA and we can throw someone up to with pace like Phillips and try something different

Lets take the positives from him missing the game we doing our business at home and we will have a fully charged Austin raring to be released against them

Don't follow the logic personally. We have been sh1t away from home so we might as well give up and not play our best players? I'd rather have him playing than not - at least we'd have a chance of scoring.

Maybe it'll force Harry into trying something different though.......

Comment

4231. With Bob up front. Fer in the hole in front of Vargas and Mutch. Joey and Kelvin in front of the back four.

Comment

Maybe his suspension will bring us our first away point(s) this season.
        That is what I am hoping for

Comment

Id play Vargas up top. Lets see what he's got. Always scores for Chile

Comment

Originally posted by Burnside View Post
            Id play Vargas up top. Lets see what he's got. Always scores for Chile
            My thoughts too D I. I sorta agree with west, we going to have to go about Everton a bit different.
            Let's go there and play more direct, and maybe put one or both of Phillips and Hoilett

Comment

What about his yellow cards. He has got what 3 so far now? Do they reset that now he suffers a suspension for a red?

Comment

He looked absolutely devastated when the ref held up the red card. I suspect that's the first sending-off of his career.

Comment

We will get smashed regardless, we are away.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

That's the way I see it ! So I'd put Phillips in the last chance saloon and tell him pace and agression is requirement use it or book a Taxi for January

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                      Don't follow the logic personally. We have been sh1t away from home so we might as well give up and not play our best players? I'd rather have him playing than not - at least we'd have a chance of scoring.

Maybe it'll force Harry into trying something different though.......
                      But so far away he plays up top on his own running himself into the ground getting next to no opportunities and were risking him getting injured for what?? so we can put everyone behind the ball and hope we hold onto a clean sheet. Now if we were to go out and attack like we do at home then Charlie needs to play without a shadow of a doubt but so far in eight games we have not shown that intent

Comment

bring in a couple of pacy players, Vargas and Phillips/Hoilett as suggested and play off Bobby (who has been a revelation)
                        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                        This morning's tempest I have to cross
                        I must be guided without a stumble
                        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          But so far away he plays up top on his own running himself into the ground getting next to no opportunities and were risking him getting injured for what?? so we can put everyone behind the ball and hope we hold onto a clean sheet. Now if we were to go out and attack like we do at home then Charlie needs to play without a shadow of a doubt but so far in eight games we have not shown that intent
                          Understand West and I guess we are in agreement in that we would rather have him in the team but used in a different way.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                            bring in a couple of pacy players, Vargas and Phillips/Hoilett as suggested and play off Bobby (who has been a revelation)
                            Agree. It could also work in our favour because Everton could now be complacent given our top scorer is out plus our poor away form.

Comment

The massive problem we are facing is fact that EVERY game and point is vital..... this creeping idea that we can somehow survive by dint of our home form is ludicrous. It seems to me that Palace have an attitude that every game, home or away, is like a cup-final or it's the last game of the season and they need 3 pts to stay up. We urgently need to develop that mentality too in my view.... constantly meandering through a succession of below-par away games is completely unacceptable.
                              With that in mind, any idea that the loss of our main striker who's currently on fire is some sort of blessing is way off beam. We need to be at 100% in every minute of every game if we are gonna stay out of the of drop zone.

Comment

Working...
                              X