away tactics and lack of pace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• away tactics and lack of pace

If Redknapp wants QPR to sit back and counter attack he needs pace in the team.

Even if the player is not very good i.e. Phillips, Hoilett or some kid like Petrasso, the fact they have pace is likely to draw a free kick on a few occasions.

Free kicks offer QPR a chance to get the aerial targets in the box and deliver a cross they can challenge for and perhaps nick a goal or two. Other than that, I cannot really see how Redknapp can really see the team scoring and even having a chance of getting some away points on the board.

Or is he waiting for QPR to play the likes of Burnley Leicester Palace and Hull away from home in the hope that he can mastermind a few away points.

totally agree with the OP. Puts us under extra pressure in our home games. Got a feeling we will get a tonking at Everton, makes the game against Burnley doublely important
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

We need to sort it out, because our home fixtures will be much harder in the second half of the season so getting away points will be vital. I think Harry will look to 'buy' some pace in January. Wouldn't be surprised to see players such as Phillips, and possibly Hoilett offloaded then as he clearly doesn't fancy them (nor do I).

Comment

Everton have gone ahead against Palace and Hull and then stalled/crashed.... they're not actually much good at home. No reason we can't repeat our smash and grab of a few years ago when we won 1-0 courtesy of our only attempt on goal.
        I sort of agree we could do with pace but I thinks it's more about moving from defence to attack swiftly as a unit in a few passes rather than relying on a player or two who can run fast. On the face of it Hoilett and Phillips are quick but they are utterly useless and ineffective as footballers and this clearly demonstrates that pace on its own is not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
          Everton have gone ahead against Palace and Hull and then stalled/crashed.... they're not actually much good at home. No reason we can't repeat our smash and grab of a few years ago when we won 1-0 courtesy of our only attempt on goal.
          I sort of agree we could do with pace but I thinks it's more about moving from defence to attack swiftly as a unit in a few passes rather than relying on a player or two who can run fast. On the face of it Hoilett and Phillips are quick but they are utterly useless and ineffective as footballers and this clearly demonstrates that pace on its own is not enough.
          Neither Hoilett nor Phillips were useless at Blackburn or Blackpool.

They need a run of games to build their confidence up. And they will be of more use than two midfielders playing on the flanks.
          Either play 442 with wingers or a diamond without, because clearly 4-5-1 is not working.
          Also, if Redknapp does not rate them then why did he not replace them in the Summer?

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            Neither Hoilett nor Phillips were useless at Blackburn or Blackpool.

They need a run of games to build their confidence up. And they will be of more use than two midfielders playing on the flanks.
            Either play 442 with wingers or a diamond without, because clearly 4-5-1 is not working.
            Also, if Redknapp does not rate them then why did he not replace them in the Summer?
            Errr cos hes got dementia. Or more likely cos he didnt have the budget.

Comment

You can't counter attack at walking pace.

Comment

He spent too much money on Sandro. We could have bought two or three players with pace for 10M. De Guzman i.e.

The problem with Hoilett is that he is soooo talented, but that is it, it looks like. Arggh...
                Last edited by Shania; 05-12-2014, 04:55 PM.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Agree with the OP.. HR says he has 'tried' everything.. he may have tried every system but he hasnt exactly given each one a fair chance to work!!

Away from home we looked most dangerous when we had Phillips in the team.. he missed a few chances but he gave us pace on the break.
                  Playing 2 centre mids on the wings away from phone is a recipe for sitting back and not getting up the pitch quick enough.. no pace!!
                  Last edited by West London is Rss; 05-12-2014, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Here's a thought...why don't we just play like we do at home when we go away?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Here's a thought...why don't we just play like we do at home when we go away?
                      Yep

Comment

Working...
                      X