Our defence is a shambles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our defence is a shambles

So said the commentators on my broadcast and it was hard to disagree. But for Greeno it would have been half a dozen.

And the defender who has played the most is Caulker. The opposition undress him more often than a Jamaican sket. Early on Bony put Caulker's jock strap in his pocket and then slid the ball through for Routledge who should have scored. Then the near post header from a corner that drew a fabulous save from Greeno was again Caulker's man. And on the second goal, scored from the absolute CENTRE of the box, where you would expect to find a CENTRE BACK defending, he was so far out of position he would have needed a taxi to get back. Just not good enough.

I think it's time to give Dunne and Ned another go.
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

I couldn't disagree more. The back 4, Green, Yun and Dunne especially defended well.

It's players like Fer, who lost ball for first goal and Barton who lost the ball continuously that caused us bigger problems.

Harry is to blame though, Swansea play with pace the way they press and attack. Why do we persist with statue esq players like Fer and Krancjar and Barton on today's performace when we have Mutch hoilett and Phillips available ? We might as well have played Taarabt instead of Krancjar

Comment

We lack composure - after a successful tackle, we either gave the ball straight back or lumped it immediately up field. Just kept inviting pressure which was sooo frustrating to watch. Similar to Leciester game as well, but they arent as good as Swansea

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
        We lack composure - after a successful tackle, we either gave the ball straight back or lumped it immediately up field. Just kept inviting pressure which was sooo frustrating to watch. Similar to Leciester game as well, but they arent as good as Swansea
        Have always said that we concede possession far far too easily, which at this level you will always get punished for. Furthermore when we were on the ball you'd often see 3 or 4 Swansea players all over our player fighting to get it back and hunting in packs. Then if they lost possession they would do exactly the same. We hardly did any of that and didn't match their level of intensity and desire. Playing away from home these qualities are even more important but home or away there's simply no excuse for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          Have always said that we concede possession far far too easily, which at this level you will always get punished for. Furthermore when we were on the ball you'd often see 3 or 4 Swansea players all over our player fighting to get it back and hunting in packs. Then if they lost possession they would do exactly the same. We hardly did any of that and didn't match their level of intensity and desire. Playing away from home these qualities are even more important but home or away there's simply no excuse for it.
          Barcelona tactics.

Comment

We only had 12 players for pre season.
            Players are not fit.
            Fer is getting fitter.
            Remy left with 5 seconds left in the transfer window.
            Right sort
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

This. We don't work hard enough in midfield. Perhaps because our players, lacking pace, try to conserve their energy when we don't have the ball. Same can be said of Charlie.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                This. We don't work hard enough in midfield. Perhaps because our players, lacking pace, try to conserve their energy when we don't have the ball. Same can be said of Charlie.
                So it made no sense then to give them the ball straight to them every single time. We move on, but desperately poor performance.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                  So said the commentators on my broadcast and it was hard to disagree. But for Greeno it would have been half a dozen.

And the defender who has played the most is Caulker. The opposition undress him more often than a Jamaican sket. Early on Bony put Caulker's jock strap in his pocket and then slid the ball through for Routledge who should have scored. Then the near post header from a corner that drew a fabulous save from Greeno was again Caulker's man. And on the second goal, scored from the absolute CENTRE of the box, where you would expect to find a CENTRE BACK defending, he was so far out of position he would have needed a taxi to get back. Just not good enough.

I think it's time to give Dunne and Ned another go.
                  I thought the back 4 were pretty solid, best display this season.
                  That was a Swansea side that had runners averywhere.
                  Thought it was our midfield that didn`t track back well enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Midgeyboy View Post
                    I thought the back 4 were pretty solid, best display this season.
                    That was a Swansea side that had runners averywhere.
                    Thought it was our midfield that didn`t track back well enough.
                    Exactly. As '77 says the battle was lost in the midfield areas. In particular Niko and Joey struggled, it must be said.

Comment

We were doing alright without Joey in the team, Sandro we miss badly.

Comment

Time to recall Mutch IMO.

Comment

And Bobby, fingers crossed.

Comment

The defence aint that bad in my opinion - think we need to work on defensive cover, possession and controlling a game from the midfield more than anything else!

Comment

I know he hasn't played a lot mate but what I have seen he looks pi$$ poor. Not getting on his back at all, but just stating that, form what I have seen, I would not get excited about him being in the side at all.
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                              X