Stan's views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stan's views

Rob Green made some world-class saves tonight but it was still not enough to stave off the inevitable outcome.

I hold my hands up to Swansea though - they beat us fair and square as they were simply the better side.

Positives

Much improved performance from Nedum at RB - barely recognisable from his dreadful display at Newcastle.

Steven Caulker and Richard Dunne are building up an excellent partnership and for me are definitely our 1st choice pairing.

Incredible performance by Green with another MOTM to his name. It could easily have been 4 or 5 nil without him.

Karl Henry - take a bow my man. What a season he is having, another outstanding display and has to be one of our most consistent and dependable players. Early contender for POTY.

Leroy Fer - this player is making big improvements. If he'd headed that ball either side of Fabianski we would have gone in 1-0 up at HT and it could have been a very different story. Thought he did much better on the right 2nd half when he switched wings with Niko.
    Last edited by Stanley; 03-12-2014, 02:46 AM.

Your off your nut Stan,nedum was at fault for the first and pony all game and fer lost the ball for the second.he should've buried that header.both were very poor and should feel lucky I don't play alongside them because they both would have received a slap.Should dock their pay for that performance
    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Like this thread, is it going to be a regular feature?

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
        Your off your nut Stan,nedum was at fault for the first and pony all game and fer lost the ball for the second.he should've buried that header.both were very poor and should feel lucky I don't play alongside them because they both would have received a slap.Should dock their pay for that performance
        All about opinings as ever Vans. I agree Ned's passing is dreadful at times but credit where its due I think he was much better than the Newcastle game. He also made a couple of great marauding runs into their half, the 2nd one he could have continued but was cynically hacked down by their LB. Overall he was more solid and made less unforced errors...but I still prefer him as a CB.

Re Fer, I think he did well and looked more of a threat on the right in the 2nd half.

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        Like this thread, is it going to be a regular feature?
        If it proves popular sure, why not Kevin. No doubt it will stimulate debate as is already proven!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          If it proves popular sure, why not Kevin. No doubt it will stimulate debate as is already proven!
          To get the opinions of Rs who`ve attended the match , is an excellent idea imo
          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
            Ned totally silenced one of the most dangerous wingers in the league and moved forwards well. His passing seemed weak but he had the second highest accuracy of the team behind only Henry. When a team closes down as well as swansea, it is difficult to get passes off but I thought he did ok. As for Fer, he should have scored that chance but he won more aerial duels than any of our players and had an 86% success rate in that department. His only issue was poor passing, he had a 69% accuracy but he did play our second most attempted forward passes and he was our most successful forward passer so he is key to our attacking play. I think he plays better at home because his job is more well defined but he is by no means bad away from home
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              Ned totally silenced one of the most dangerous wingers in the league and moved forwards well. His passing seemed weak but he had the second highest accuracy of the team behind only Henry. When a team closes down as well as swansea, it is difficult to get passes off but I thought he did ok. As for Fer, he should have scored that chance but he won more aerial duels than any of our players and had an 86% success rate in that department. His only issue was poor passing, he had a 69% accuracy but he did play our second most attempted forward passes and he was our most successful forward passer so he is key to our attacking play. I think he plays better at home because his job is more well defined but he is by no means bad away from home
              Peased to see that my impressions are validated by the stats nasser. Agree with everything you say

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                Peased to see that my impressions are validated by the stats nasser. Agree with everything you say
                I should have the tag Stats Man haha.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  I should have the tag Stats Man haha.
                  Sorted mate.
                  Last edited by Stanley; 03-12-2014, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Ooooh,low blow.stat mans done me up like a kipper!!!Good thread Stan,interesting to see how different people see different players.
                    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Working...
                    X