Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we 3 or 4 players short of becoming a Top 10 side?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we 3 or 4 players short of becoming a Top 10 side?

The way we've played last few games and getting better, I was wondering what some of you thought regarding the top 10. Do you think we're a few players short or will it take a few years to get there?

I'd say so. Just need to start getting wins on the board to back up our performances. Simple 442 but it's working. We're well organised and we work hard. I just think we need to finish off teams with another goal or two. Honestly reckon Taarabt coming back (if he ever does) would be like a new signing to us. Should only be used as an impact sub thr way we're aiming to play though.
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
      The way we've played last few games and getting better, I was wondering what some of you thought regarding the top 10. Do you think we're a few players short or will it take a few years to get there?
      Steady on MYU! If we lose our next one people will be slitting their wrists!
      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

We might not need more than a couple in the January transfer window if we start getting the squad healthy! Adel, Niko, Onouha and Mutch will all be pushing for starts now!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
          We might not need more than a couple in the January transfer window if we start getting the squad healthy! Adel, Niko, Onouha and Mutch will all be pushing for starts now!
          Wow! We are in the bottom three and people are talking about the top 10. This is what posters were saying in the Hughes era. It amazes me.

Ok, if we sign Bale and Ronaldo, then we will challenge for the top 3.

Comment

Top ten is certainly achievable -as is relegation! Much would depend on injuries, suspensions and particularity attitude/belief - and that's with the current squad. When the next disappointment comes, as the law of averages says it must, a positive response rather than a quick poll on whether the end of the world is here or not, and yes, top ten could be on. Mind you, Champions League? That's another matter!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfy View Post
              Wow! We are in the bottom three and people are talking about the top 10. This is what posters were saying in the Hughes era. It amazes me.

Ok, if we sign Bale and Ronaldo, then we will challenge for the top 3.
              Wolfy - I would agree that a certain element of restrain in terms of our ambitions would be prudent at this point, with us as you say in the bottom 3. With that said, we are only a couple of wins off of mid-table, and have had by far the most difficult start of the "lesser" sides in the league - no-one else has played Man City, Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Southampton in their first 11 games.....Maybe I'm simply blinkered, but for me 19th is a ridiculously false position for us in comparison to the other sides in the bottom half - Are we really any worse than WBA in 11th?

I'm still not sold on Caulker and Dunne at the back, so a solid CB has to be a priority in January; either that, or give Nedum a decent run in the side once fit. I'd like to see us sign a quick winger to play on the left to compliment Vargas (El Shaarawy has been mentioned in the papers, although that sounds more than a little far-fetched to me), as Leroy is wasted out there, and floats inside during games anyway. Sign another striker (possibly go back in for Kolbeinn?) and I don't see why we couldn't push for mid-table.
              Last edited by surrey_hoop; 09-11-2014, 11:31 AM.

Comment

We'll no doubt strengthen in January. I think SWP Phillips Hoilett Rio Adel are dead wood and should be replaced. If we can get good replacements for at least three of them, we'll do ok.
                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

I think we are.

Cristiano Ronaldo
                  Lionel Messi
                  Gareth Bale
                  Vincent Kompany

There you go, top 10 team... Make it happen Tony
                  I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

We are 3 or 4 players away from a team that will survive relegation most years like Stoke.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                      Any chance of getting out of the bottom 3 before we start talking about top 10
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

No where near a top 10 team, top 10 teams generally rely on more than one player to get their goals. I think after Charlie, our next highest goal scorer is on one or smoothing. You need MF regularly getting goals.
                        Also our defence sometimes appears to be a catastrophe waiting to happen.
                        Recently our performances have improved but our starting point was a League 1 team after Spurs, utd and West Ham performances. Need to close out games.
                        I think we are on a knife edge we would as easily get relegated as being mid table, the craziness of recent history of our camp could as easily make 3 to 4 additions ruin the tinder box of the dressing room as it could improve us. Wasn't long ago that Arry having a go at the squads fitness, anything can happen. Recently doing well, hopefully continue and we survive relegation. Also other teams around can as easily get results going their way.
                        What's that's saying don't run before you can....

Comment

At the moment I am settled with 17th.
                          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                            Steady on MYU! If we lose our next one people will be slitting their wrists!
                            Exactly! The "realists" will be back in force!
                            Lets not get too carried away, 17th is the aim and is all we should be thinking about right now. Anything above that would be fantastc but 17th is the aim.
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                              Exactly! The "realists" will be back in force!
                              Lets not get too carried away, 17th is the aim and is all we should be thinking about right now. Anything above that would be fantastc but 17th is the aim.
                              Spot on. 17th has always been the priority in my eyes.

Comment

Working...
                              X