Villa Game is Huge Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Villa Game is Huge Now

Given we play last on Monday we could find that their is a gap between us and safety so we may need to win just to keep pace with others

Villa after having a decent start are on the back of four defeats in a row conceding 11 and scoring none

Must win game?????? Yes for me especially if results sat and sun go against us.

Keep a clean sheet and we will take all three points in my opinion

Yeah west mate, a 100% bona fide must win game. Cos if we lose it harrys gone, as there will be no points from the two games after it.
    Today brought him a bit of time, but another pish poor performance and defeat wont. But saying that, we havent played badly at home this season thus far. Just been unlucky/naive.

Comment

I know it sounds weird, but today's good performance could actually end up harming us.

Villa will now come expecting a performance from us where we press up and play with a lot more energy.

They will also come into the game knowing the defence is weak.

They have a good management team, and with Benteke getting match fit, I think their attack might just be too much for us to handle.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNiceGuy View Post
        They have a good management team, and with Benteke getting match fit, I think their attack might just be too much for us to handle.
        They have not scored in four and let in 11 there as vulnerable at the back as we are. oh and there attack has scored four goals all season even we have put more then that away

Let them worry about us as if there was ever a game which is there to be won its this Monday night

Comment

I'm hoping the performance today fills the players with enough confidence to go out there and do it again against Villa. If we play like that, we'll win the game imo.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Zero chance of Harry going, even if we lose 4-0

Must win though considering the following fixtures
            I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

We just donīt win important matches under this regime.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                They have not scored in four and let in 11 there as vulnerable at the back as we are. oh and there attack has scored four goals all season even we have put more then that away

Let them worry about us as if there was ever a game which is there to be won its this Monday night
                I disagree unfortunately. Stats only tell half the story. The other half of the story is that those four games were against Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Everton.

The Arsenal game was a crazy period where they missed three goals in 5 minutes.
                Chelsea was obviously tough.
                I saw the Man City game and they played well and it took time for Man City to score and win.
                Everton was a bad result.

So in all fairness, they have played some good teams.
                They will now be looking at QPR as a must-win game, and although Delph is out, Vlaar is back, and they have some very good attacking players, with Benteke coming back to match fitness.

It will be tough, and people who think we are now favourites to win because we had one very good game are quite naive in my opinion, because Villa will come very prepared.

Comment

Must win game

Comment

Every game from now on is a must win game... get serious

Comment

The most important thing is for our players to treat Villa the same as they did to Liverpool. There is no point in upping your game against superior opposition, when the chances are always small, and then drop back to mediocre when we play an opposition that compare to us. We MUST play with the aggressiveness and determination (minus the stupid mistakes) that was on show today. Then we have a chance....a big chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                        The most important thing is for our players to treat Villa the same as they did to Liverpool. There is no point in upping your game against superior opposition, when the chances are always small, and then drop back to mediocre when we play an opposition that compare to us. We MUST play with the aggressiveness and determination (minus the stupid mistakes) that was on show today. Then we have a chance....a big chance.
                        I agree. We need to take the game to Villa from the go.

Comment

we can and will take villa if we play at todays level , put in a performance like we did at west ham and we'll get smashed

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                            We just donīt win important matches under this regime.
                            I dunno, there was a big one in may I seem to remember...

Comment

We have been pretty good at LR and the results have not always gone our way, so don't understand why we have been so poor away. I know away games are different but they are not that different surely.

Comment

Working...
                              X