Is WATRB really a lowbrow forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    Those emoticons are ####.####sake like posting in sesame st...bet you got one doing hugs
    We're asking for suggestions Dave, did you miss this thread?:

Comment

Vote UKIP!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
        Vote UKIP!
        Racist!
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          We're asking for suggestions Dave, did you miss this thread?:
          I did stanley sorry.....

Comment

I can`t remember the last paper I picked up, let alone read. (they`re all full of crap & bad news)
            Just too busy listening to death metal (not really) and watchin #### on me laptop (not really).
            So, I guess I`m in the highbrow camp. OH YEAH new little people wiv signs and everything

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              Those emoticons are ####.####sake like posting in sesame st...bet you got one doing hugs
              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                ..ok thats allowed cause you got...

Comment

If WATRBs is lowbrow it's because of its roots as a front organisation for Paladini's deliberately divisive propaganda, spouted via Pete the puppet. The idea was to create a European-style group of 'ultras' who would peddle the board's line at all times, in return for various favours such as Pete's famous free seat and access to "rumours"/leaks.

People with a bit more scepticism, who weren't wowed by Paladini's tough guy / "successful businessman" bllocks, tended to keep well clear.

This is why even today you get whole threads on here full of people saying Tony Fernandes walks on water, best chairman in the league, our hero, and so on, whereas the other forums have long since learned to be sceptical towards him.

It's not that this forum has a particular stance towards TF as opposed to rival owners; we've changed owners several times since WATRBs was founded. It's that this board attracted people who enjoy easy answers (who we signing next Pete?) and aren't naturally suspicious of the powers that be (he's explained himself so give him a break, see this press release), and this culture has been maintained since.

(Please don't reply telling me that you personally always hated Pete, were always suspicious of TF, or that I once said something nice about TF - this is a general point about the forums' culture, obviously there are loads of exceptions within this).

Comment

I like this board as its a good laugh reading the diverse comments and opinions. The petty arguments lighten up the day. It's relaxed and a bit of fun

Other boards are slow and some (LFW for example) appear up themselves and see their board as a cut above this one, thing is many of us post on more than one and not always under the same name
                    22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

I quite enjoy most of the discussion on here and I think overall there is a nice mix of opinions and personalities, things do get strained after a bad loss going into FIFA break!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

It still amazes me that Pete's name keeps on coming up - As most of us know, he has moved on & goodluck to him in whatever venture he is currently in.

Behind the scenes is democracy in action, no one person gets the final say on anything, the site owner is 100% transparent in all that he does & discusses every minute detail with us.
                        Whenever we make a decision that affects the board, we vote in what we believe will benefit the majority.
                        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                        Work Best When Open...
                        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                        X