Lower Loft Access Problems - Please Read Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Loft Access Problems - Please Read Help Needed

Further to the numerous threads on this subject across most message boards I have set up an email account, to enable fans who support resistance to the stupid rules for Season Ticket holders to record their support in a central location.

The email address is rangersllsg@gmail.com

For those who are not aware, the club intends to refuse entry to the Lower Loft to adult Season Ticket holders who turn up without their kids.

Could I please ask anyone who supports resistance to the injustice to send a quick message to this email, stating your name and block/row/seat number. It doesn't matter if you don't sit in the Lower Loft.

I can then use it as a form of database to collect the amount of support. I can also use it to communicate with everyone interested in what's happening.

My apologies if you have already indicated your support on the board.

Many Thanks for your support.

Perhaps you should have read the thread about the fans sites meeting.

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...14-%96-Minutes

Quite incredible that there was not a single reply to a comprehensive write up about various matters to do with our club.

It seemed that people were more interested about the pros and cons of swearing on a messageboard than real issues.

Comment

Yep, I did see that. The clubs answers were a whitewash and untrue in places. For example I know that people were turned away and the club have not answered emails of complaint. I haven't had a reply from them as of today.

Comment

I don't understand why the club in this instance are wrong. Lower loft is designated a "family stand" which I presume definition of a family must be at the very least one adult and one child.
        I pesume but accept i am note sure, season tickets for the family section are cheaper than say other parts of the stadium. For example if you bought child and adult in Ellerslie you would pay significantly more than Lower Loft.
        Apart from price, Lower Loft (hopefully) offers a family atmosphere with children sitting with adults rather than maybe other parts of the stadium where your 8 year old is surrounded by 100 adults.
        I for one on this occasion don't see what the club are doing wrong.

Comment

Tickets are set at a silver price. The problem is that kids cannot go to all games, school next day, illness or even lack of interest at the last minute. The changes in the rules were not consulted on just implemented with no warning. I am yet to hear a valid reason why if I attend with my nephew it's ok, but it's not ok without him. The seat is paid for in advance. When my nephew is not here I am still with my wife and adult son. Is that not a family group, and if not why not.
          I have a contract with the club for my seats, paid for in advance. And I want to use them.

It's all a bit rich the club not letting us use them after taking our money and seeing them sold on VIAGOGO for extortionate amounts.

It's unfair, unjust and plain wrong. IMHO. but then we don't all necessarily think the same and emailing in support is not mandatory. Unlike the kids attendance that is, in the clubs mind

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
            I don't understand why the club in this instance are wrong. Lower loft is designated a "family stand" which I presume definition of a family must be at the very least one adult and one child.
            I pesume but accept i am note sure, season tickets for the family section are cheaper than say other parts of the stadium. For example if you bought child and adult in Ellerslie you would pay significantly more than Lower Loft.
            Apart from price, Lower Loft (hopefully) offers a family atmosphere with children sitting with adults rather than maybe other parts of the stadium where your 8 year old is surrounded by 100 adults.
            I for one on this occasion don't see what the club are doing wrong.
            With you on this one Tblock.

Its a family stand for a reason.... If prices are cheaper in this end and you can get in without a kid its only going to be a matter of time (if not already) before it becomes just another part of the stadium - swearing etc stuff that 'families' dont want their young kids hearing/seeing.
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I agree with the OP. Firstly, A family shouldn't just be a group with a child. Secondly, how can the club expect fans to inform them that their child cannot make a game in advance? Do they not understand children often decide at the last minute, or are ill on the day of the game?

Fully support any action against this rule. I hope there are many others who feel the same way.
              Queens Park Rangers Til I Die!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post

Its a family stand for a reason.... If prices are cheaper in this end and you can get in without a kid its only going to be a matter of time (if not already) before it becomes just another part of the stadium - swearing etc stuff that 'families' dont want their young kids hearing/seeing.
                This is to do with the stoke game where alot of people missed the first 10 .c'mon Nick ,I sit lower loft with my kids and swear myself. old teacher of mine used to say do think your at a football match calm down ya long haired bay city roller looking ####.tried to slash him twice,what has happened to parents today? Taking adults in on a kids ticket, never happened in my day .we used to bunk in behind the hot dog van on sa rd.would love to have my kids know the 80,s way.gone all health and safety these days xx
                Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post

Hear what you say but it's not about price. Remember as a Season Ticket holder I have already met the requirement of a family group, but it cannot be right that if for whatever reason the child in our group cannot attend cannot attend, that neither can the other ticket holders.

The rules state that to buy tickets an adult cannot buy on his own. I've no problem with that. As for swearing that's up to the stewards to police and deal with (but of course they don't) however the family stand has been located right next to the R block (great idea) and it is a football match after all. Not that I condone swearing in front of kids, because I don't and never would.

Not much more I can say to persuade you that it's an injustice, but I still ask anyone who agrees with me to send an email of support. It would be greatly appreciated by a lot of Lower Loft Season Ticket holders who will be harmed by this.

Thanks for listening(reading) either way though, differing opinions are healthy I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                    This is to do with the stoke game where alot of people missed the first 10 .c'mon Nick ,I sit lower loft with my kids and swear myself. old teacher of mine used to say do think your at a football match calm down ya long haired bay city roller looking ####.tried to slash him twice,what has happened to parents today? Taking adults in on a kids ticket, never happened in my day .we used to bunk in behind the hot dog van on sa rd.would love to have my kids know the 80,s way.gone all health and safety these days xx
                    Good memories. In the 70's I used to climb over a back garden wall in Loftus Road. Saved about 25p per game!!!!!!

If you do agree with my view vanhoop please send an email of support. We need as many as possible.

Comment

simple solution would be to take both season tickets if your kid cant go. Then they know you are not getting an adult in on the ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                        simple solution would be to take both season tickets if your kid cant go. Then they know you are not getting an adult in on the ticket.
                        The club should be wanting a body on the seat instead of worrying about how much thier losing on the punters that pay up front.interest on our dough alone should pay for the odd tickle surely?
                        Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
                          I don't understand why the club in this instance are wrong. Lower loft is designated a "family stand" which I presume definition of a family must be at the very least one adult and one child. Right. But as has been pointed out, there can be all kinds of reasons why the child might miss a match. It seems completely assinine to me that the other season ticket holders in the group should be denied entry because the child isn't there!
                          I pesume but accept i am note sure, season tickets for the family section are cheaper than say other parts of the stadium. For example if you bought child and adult in Ellerslie you would pay significantly more than Lower Loft. Right. But why on earth would that mean you should be denied entry if, for example, your child is ill?!
                          Apart from price, Lower Loft (hopefully) offers a family atmosphere with children sitting with adults rather than maybe other parts of the stadium where your 8 year old is surrounded by 100 adults. Right again. But this doesn't change because a few of the children can't make it. And behaviour that does not meet the standards for the Family Stand can and should be dealt with on the day by the stewards and the police.
                          I for one on this occasion don't see what the club are doing wrong. They are, apparently, denying entry to somebody who has a ticket! That is definitely wrong, IMHO!
                          My thoughts above in bold.
                          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                            Perhaps you should have read the thread about the fans sites meeting.

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...14-%96-Minutes

Quite incredible that there was not a single reply to a comprehensive write up about various matters to do with our club.

It seemed that people were more interested about the pros and cons of swearing on a messageboard than real issues.
                            Oh dear, I'm going to upset Dave again. This is a lowbrow site brightonr, that is why you didn't get any replies!
                            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                              Van mate I know what you're saying, I grew up where hearing swearing was very much just apart of every day life and its never bothered me. Most of my family were/are in the building industry so also growing up with that, being around building sites/workman as a kid like you know sort of gives you thick skin against most things anyway... But thats just me, not everybody is like that. Some people don't want their kids hearing/being around that sort of thing while they enjoy a family day watching their team. And thats what the whole idea of the family end is, it gives them that choice. If their happy for their kids to hear it/see it then there's plenty more seats in the ground to sit...

BUT all that said kids do get sick, school etc reason why they can't go, so there has to be a happy medium where you can get in (if got a season ticket) without your kids, but somehow prove you've got kids....
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                              X