Fastest ever QPR Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastest ever QPR Player

Nedum is meant to be really quick over 100metres as used to be a sprinter before moving into Football.
    But how fast was Wayne Fereday?

Even though he was total shat, Dominic Iorfa was really fast.

Anyone on here give there opinion on who was the fastest?

Way way back in the day Dave Thomas had a turn of foot.....

Comment

Tony Witter

Comment

Just remembered something from years ago.
        The Saint n Greavsie programme that used to be on ITV years ago(I think it was Saturday Mornings)
        They ran a competition once to find the fastest footballer at the time, they were doing 100metres on grass in boots, and I think it was won at the time by a part time postman for Swansea.

Anyone remember that?

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
          Way way back in the day Dave Thomas had a turn of foot.....
          Yes, Dave Thomas was the first name that came to mind for me.

As for footballers in general, Malcolm MacDonald of Newcastle in the '70s must surely be on any speedster short list.
          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
            Just remembered something from years ago.
            The Saint n Greavsie programme that used to be on ITV years ago(I think it was Saturday Mornings)
            They ran a competition once to find the fastest footballer at the time, they were doing 100metres on grass in boots, and I think it was won at the time by a part time postman for Swansea.

Anyone remember that?
            Just found the video of the final on YouTube.
            Witter is in the final as well.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OGkiQnKkp3Q

Comment

Fun video, thanks for posting Hoop!
              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                Fun video, thanks for posting Hoop!
                Still find it a bit freaky that I remember it, and was correct in the winner as well.
                I think I was only 9 then, but used to watch every week to see the heats etc

Comment

Wayne Fereday was fast, but could have been a lot faster if he hadn't been weighed down by that ridiculous moustache!

Comment

Barry Bridges, back in the day, competed in the old "professional" sprint races at Powderhall.

Comment

Tony Scully was fast just no end product pmsl
                      Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

Sammy Koejoe ran like he was pulling a caravan. Just thought I'd throw that little memory into the mix.

Comment

Didn't Matt Philips run for England?

Comment

Wayne Fereday, was the fastest over 100m around the 80s

Comment

Remy was pretty quick.

Certainly got out of HQ quick enough this season anyway!

Comment

Working...
                              X