No announcement yet.

Will this help you feel better...Amit tweet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under Flavio we only started to get successful when he handed Amit to administrate the situation and Saksena was brought in.

Comment

No one is seriously suggesting that the prodigal should return.

All is forgiven golden one! Welcome to guns in the boardroom - the sequel. Wont happen. Would be a lot funnier though......

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
        Elementary, my dear Watson. Appointment of Amit as Chairman
        Would be perfectly happy for Tony to stay on in some suitable auxiliary role,
        perhaps what Gianni did towards the end of his tenure, meet/greet people, etc.
        Well i dunno. Won't help the playing side will it?

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          Won't help the playing side will it?
          That's what the new guv'nor is for.....

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            I am sorry I don't buy that and it is the most common false revelation.

90% of revenue is the 60m pounds sky pay every premier league club for tv showings.
            Too much is made about small ground etc.

You should just look at the state Leeds are in. Plenty of big clubs with massive stadiums are ruined because they have been out of the premier league too long.

If we end up with a 40,000 stadium in the championship then unfortunately bluehoop we will also end up in the same old sorry state!
            Can you point to a single successful and sustainable Premium League Club that turns such a paltry revenue as is generated from our ticket sales? Whilst I accept Leeds as an example of a Club with a big enough ground, they are where they are due to mismanagement rather than the size of their ground and of course they already had the big ground when they went down. The wrong manager bought the wrong players, chasing Champions League glory, and the rest is history. They then lurched around in the lower leagues for years, rather like Rangers did previously. Whilst it's another argument for one of the million other threads out there, that is why the importance of last season was getting back up rather than doing it with style.

In contrast to your "you should look at" comment, I say you should look at Southampton. They really are the example of what our Club should be looking at doing: Build the shiny new stadium and develop a new Club ethos at the same time as both will hold you in good stead in the long term. I'm sure it was not part of their plan to get relegated for the first season in the new ground nor for them to plunge yet further down the ladder but, ultimately, they grew back, bigger and stronger; so much so that this season they are even managing to outperform most of the league despite the summer hammering they took on transfers.

As it stands, we are more likely to end up like Leeds than Saints, and hence my post/objection to a Pulis type appointment the other day. If we start to put right the running of our Club from top to bottom right away, then the latter is more possible.

As for the stadium capacity, I think we all went for a lower number than 40k and I still don't think it's cast in stone, but one thing that will benefit everyone from a larger stadium is lower ticket prices and, as one of those still forking out way too much each season to sit in a dingy little 17k ground, amen to that
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Amit's vice-chairman as it is and yet he gets no blame AT ALL just cos he is Amit? - Tony makes no decisions without speaking to Amit so blame him as much as Fernandes if you are looking to blame Tony

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                Amit's vice-chairman as it is and yet he gets no blame AT ALL just cos he is Amit? - Tony makes no decisions without speaking to Amit so blame him as much as Fernandes if you are looking to blame Tony
                Well that's something you and me can agree on

Comment

Don't think the Tony out boys have thought of this......

Comment

All the Tony out boys think it's just Tony behind every decision. Doubtful, but that's what they appear to believe. Do these people think Tony rides roughshod over the other shareholders?
                    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

They know we are in trouble or they live in cuckoo land.

Comment

Working...
                      X