Can we afford to be relegated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premier League survival is critical.

A lot of mistakes have been made over the last few seasons and a lot of money has been spent unwisely. The club needs 2-3 continuous years in the top league for financial stability. The increased revenue compared to the Championship is ridiculous. And that is with the parachute payments.

Comment

My fear is that TF will throw money around again in January, another lot of panic buys in a desperate measure to stay up. Paul Scholes, Giggsy, Ronaldinho, Bobby Charlton, Marshy and Bowles could all be getting a phone call
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Tbh I want my Rangers back. Wouldn't care if Fernandes leaves.

QPR are a football league club. No more. We're a small team. This isn't QPR atm in time

That's my opinion, I doubt it would be popular but that's my hand on heart feel: I loved the teams of Day, Bignot, Shittu, Rowlands, Ainsworth, Cook, Furlong, Gallen. That's my QPR
        Under Les Ferdinand:
        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

The championship is a much better league for the qpr fan going to the matches, for starters you tend to have a good chance of getting a result. Have aspirations other than surviving and have 3 pm KOs plus midweek games.

also get to watch the prem and enjoy the coverage

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
            Tbh I want my Rangers back. Wouldn't care if Fernandes leaves.

QPR are a football league club. No more. We're a small team. This isn't QPR atm in time

That's my opinion, I doubt it would be popular but that's my hand on heart feel: I loved the teams of Day, Bignot, Shittu, Rowlands, Ainsworth, Cook, Furlong, Gallen. That's my QPR
            They sure don't make nostalgia like they used to....

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                Whatever. I forget fourms all need one opinion. Sheep.
                Under Les Ferdinand:
                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Is the big problem with relegation to do with FFP and that threatened big fine? Does anyone know what happened to the threatened legal action by clubs against the rules (in which our owners were also heavily involved)?

Comment

i believe we are ######ed if we get relegated anyone heard any more news about ffp?!

Comment

Originally posted by LanguedocFox View Post
                      Is the big problem with relegation to do with FFP and that threatened big fine? Does anyone know what happened to the threatened legal action by clubs against the rules (in which our owners were also heavily involved)?
                      As far as I know no fine can be imposed until the accounts for the last financial year are published, and that I believe will be in the next few weeks. So the question of a legal challenge won't arise until that happens. My understanding of it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                        As far as I know no fine can be imposed until the accounts for the last financial year are published, and that I believe will be in the next few weeks. So the question of a legal challenge won't arise until that happens. My understanding of it anyway.
                        I'm pretty sure you are right that FFP applies to the 2013-14 season accounts, which is why our owners/management were banging on for the past couple of years about getting rid of expensive players. To be honest, the rules really need changing to take account of teams that get relegated: if you are paying Premier League wages to players when you go down, you are almost bound to be living beyond your means in the Championship, and you need time to get out of that situation.

For what it's worth, I don't think Rangers will go down (though it will help if they get rid of Redknapp sooner rather than later) because Burnley, West Brom and Sunderland are all worse than they are - and I think Stoke, Villa and Palace are all going to struggle as well.

Comment

Premier League survival is critical, just as it was last time.

And, just like last time, if we are relegated life will go on.

We simply cannot continue causing problems for ourselves (like Remy's ridiculous get-out clause) by acting out of desperation.
                          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Only it Tony and Amit have £40m on the hip ready to pay the FFP fine, in other words NO

Comment

Can't see TF walking away, myself. It's not as though we are aiming to be a cup winning side, is it. The ambition seems to be just about making up the numbers in the premiership.
                              Even looking at it now, TF & Co aren't too far away from achieving that.

Comment

We needed to get into administration a few years back to be able to get into the PL

Comment

Working...
                                X