Are we as good as we think we are??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we as good as we think we are??

Sitting here shaking my head and thought to myself are our expectations to high for the squad we have or should they be doing better

Perhaps with what we have we are where we should be after all half the players we brought in although trumpeted as astute signing were from sides that surrendered their premier league status and went down more or less without a fight????

Personally I think we should expect better but are we expecting to much???

Burnley, Leicester, Palace all have IMO lesser players...but a better work rate and self belief.

Comment

and better management
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

The only think I'm expecting is effort. I'm not expecting us to beat everyone, we're QPR, not City. I just want to see some real effort.

Our opinions of the club have been altered massively after a few seasons back in the Prem.

Comment

Originally posted by Jogo View Post
          Burnley, Leicester, Palace all have IMO lesser players...but a better work rate and self belief.
          This is the cause of our sickness.

Comment

The new signings, like Vargas, Isla and Fer, played for good teams in the world cup. Sandro came with a good reputation among Spurs fans. Caulker is a highly rated young player, as is Mutch. These aren't bad players. Joey is a good player with prem experience. Charlie is capable of making the step up. We have a good nucleus at the club.

So why's it not working? Ultimately, it's down to the management.
            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

We are just not good enough at the moment, big changes in staff and attitude. Need Barton back asap imo
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                The new signings, like Vargas, Isla and Fer, played for good teams in the world cup. Sandro came with a good reputation among Spurs fans. Caulker is a highly rated young player, as is Mutch. These aren't bad players. Joey is a good player with prem experience. Charlie is capable of making the step up. We have a good nucleus at the club.

So why's it not working? Ultimately, it's down to the management.
                Good post rich we don't seem to have a game plan. It feels like we turn up and play no thought to it no preparation no plan

Comment

lack of passion and belief through out the team, when we lose the ball wheres the fight to get it back . souness pointed out after the game why weren't we tracking back and bearing down on there defenders when they had the ball . in the modern game its not always what u do when u have the ball its how hard are u going to try to get it back . this team barton apart lacks fighters , the players dont seem that bothered when they lose

Comment

We have a lot of good players but others like Green, Phillips and Traore who are massively overrated. Having said that we had some decent players last time we were in the Prem and look what happened.

In my opinion current situation us down to the manager but you have to ask if there is something very wrong at the heart of our club as we turn decent players into poor ones. Like all things you have to build a club and we have no foundations with the one common denominator in the recent troubles being Fernandes.

Comment

We seem to have turned into the anti_QPR, we are the opposite of what the club has been about for so long.
                      Leaping from one quick fix to another.
                      Looking at today the squad seems to be very poor in terms of sub's or players to change a game.
                      I never thought this season would be anything other than a struggle but didn't think we'd take such a huge step backwards.
                      That was a poor west ham performance, and they still had an easy day, any other team in the league would have got at least a draw from that.

Comment

I think we have a lot of decent players, we just don't have a decent team.

The whole is substantially less than the sum of its parts.
                        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Said pre-season that we sneaked into this league and 17th would be a great achievement. Current performances, 17th would be a miracle.

My expectation now is relegation unless we make a MASSIVE change that I can't see Tony doing before xmas.

Comment

Very odd thread title Wests, I must say.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                              Very odd thread title Wests, I must say.
                              Players signed from relegated teams, an has been at CB and players not good enough for their respective teams (Chileans) says it all about the quality of signings. I was never impressed with the signings and the lack of a quality striker not coming in.

Just because they are international does not make them world beaters. If they were world beaters they would not be at QPR. We got the mediocre internationals. If the Chileans were that good they would still be in Italy. Fer is a fring international and just because Holland have a strong 11 or so players everyone thinks he was a good signing at the time. Well he is not one of those 11 and is far from it.

Harry was suppose to change the character of the team and bring in players who want to play for the shirt. Will where are they? The buck stops with Harry. I think he has got us in such a state this season is already finished for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X