Green got away with one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green got away with one

Should have been three and he is a lucky man that the ref chalked off their chance

What was he doing kicking with the player in front of him that was Green screw up and his alone perfectly good goal in my book. Just shows that he always has a massive error in him

He doesn't inspire confidence that's for sure.

Comment

Been a supporter of Green but that was ridiculous . What was he thinking there? time to give McCarthy a go.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Should have been three and he is a lucky man that the ref chalked off their chance

What was he doing kicking with the player in front of him that was Green screw up and his alone perfectly good goal in my book. Just shows that he always has a massive error in him
        I missed the initial kick but saw the replays. If it was a goal kick, the player isn't allowed to make contact in the box. Supposedly, he should have left it
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Its time to put McCarthy in. Win win situation.

Comment

I don't know what he was thinking .....but that goal was rightly chalked off. I can only think he was trying to make a point that the fella wasn't 10 yds.
            Last edited by QPRDave; 05-10-2014, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Didn't get away with the first goal cross into 6 yard box in fact about 4 yards out as usual stuck to his line unless no one in front of him and then went down in installments but sure we will hear about his world class save from Nolan. Like many others been poor for weeks but many if our fans still defend him and others bet there's still some on here who want Redknapp to stay!

Comment

Ok fair enough about touching ball in box never knew that (good knowledge chaps!!!) but that still don't explain the stupid decision for Green to take it and kick it right too him as if it not a goal kick and that was a free kick that three nil

he was trying to pass it out short like the player was invisible

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  I missed the initial kick but saw the replays. If it was a goal kick, the player isn't allowed to make contact in the box. Supposedly, he should have left it
                  Same applies if it was a free kick inside the box - the ball is not in play until it has left the penalty area. Also, the West Ham player should have been outside the box. The commentators on TV are complete fools and do not know the rules.

Free kick inside the penalty area
                  Direct or indirect free kick to the defending team:
                  • all opponents must be at least 9.15 m (10 yds) from the ball
                  • all opponents must remain outside the penalty area until the ball is in play
                  • the ball is in play when it is kicked directly out of the penalty area
                  • a free kick awarded in the goal area may be taken from any point inside
                  that area

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/foot...en_neutral.pdf
                  'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Terminate Green's contract. Shocking.

On a serious note, anybody on here sitting near a stairwell wearing camp trousers? About row M seat 73 ?
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Another player I'd like to see given an extended rest.

His positioning & decision making for the second goal was ridiculous. Trying to go for a ball a defender was attempting to deal with and in the process leaves his goal gaping wide open. First goal glued to his line.

Defended this guy enough in the past. Drop him. Doesn't inspire anyone & one of the quitest keepers I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                        Another player I'd like to see given an extended rest.

His positioning & decision making for the second goal was ridiculous. Trying to go for a ball a defender was attempting to deal with and in the process leaves his goal gaping wide open. First goal glued to his line.

Defended this guy enough in the past. Drop him. Doesn't inspire anyone & one of the quitest keepers I've ever seen.
                        Agree Jimmy, he should be dropped for all the reasons you give above, but not for that free kick incident where he clearly knew what he was doing!
                        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                          Agree Jimmy, he should be dropped for all the reasons you give above, but not for that free kick incident where he clearly knew what he was doing!
                          Can't agree with that he tried to take it quick and short and passed it to their player that's not knowing what your doing that's clumsey and a liability he's been saved by the rules

Comment

should of come out and punched the ball for the first goal ,bad positioning for the second , lets be fair he didn't have much else to do all afternoon , was dire against man utd

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                              I didn't comment on the free kick but what I will say is that I thought it was highly stupid of him as the ref & especially balding lino had given us virtually nothing up to that point even to the extent of putting his flag up one way to then changing it so to then give them an opportunity to further f### us was crazy.

Honest lad but all good defences will comment on a commanding goalkeeper behind them. I don't see that with us I'm afraid.

Comment

Working...
                              X