Rio's poor form......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rio's poor form......

According to harry redcrapp, Rio is fantastc and is a triffic lad and top top top class defender.

the reason why we have been leaking goals like a sieve has nothing to do with Rio but it is the injured midfielders fault for being so farking selfish and for being injured.

How dare they be injured tut tut. its not as if we should expect a farking defender to defend.

arry Redknapp says QPR’s injuries in midfield have caused problems for Rio Ferdinand.

The Rangers boss brought Ferdinand, 35, to Loftus Road during the summer primarily to use his experience alongside the likes of Steven Caulker and behind a compact midfield.

Instead the team have been frequently cut open and an exposed Ferdinand has come in for some criticism.

But Redknapp said: “I don’t think it’s fair. I think we’ve been a little bit open and teams have got at our back four very easily.

“We need to tighten up, but it’s been difficult because I brought some midfielders into the club and they’ve never been fit to play – I’ve never got them on the pitch at one time.

“Sandro’s come in and been injured, Jordon Mutch has been injured, so has Joey Barton. So it’s been difficult to get a real settled group in there, but I’ve got no problem with Rio whatsoever.”

Barton and Mutch have both been nursing hamstring problems and face fitness tests ahead of Sunday’s derby at West Ham.

Sandro, recently back after knee trouble, has been given the all-clear after suffering a knock to the head during last weekend’s 2-1 defeat against Southampton.

get these two cants out of my farking club now.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

This is a lesson that should be well and truly learned by now.
    When a top club let's a player go, it's because he is no more use to them.
    We only make ourselves look very, very, small time, when we start picking up the crumbs that fall from their tables.

Comment

It's true, that's how we look.

Comment

Rio Ferdinand is turning us into a laughing stock whilst escaping criticism with Redknapp the same due to their buddies in the media looking out for them.

Comment

Let me say first of all that I'm positive Rio's heart is in the right place. I don't think he is a malingerer like some of the highly paid pylons we've acquired in recent years.

But with that said, we can all see that Uncle Harry has guaranteed him a place in the first team and a healthy pay cheque for the next year. He doesn't need to be sharp or on edge, he doesn't need to compete for his place. And, unfortunately, the inevitable consequence, even for a player who wants to do well (and I think Rio does), is a complacent player who is NEVER going to play his best. Players need some fear in order to be sharp and at their best. Rio is never going to have that while Uncle Harry is in charge. Another FAIL.

As for escaping criticism, did Harry not see what Crouchy did to Rio? People have called the first goal a foul and perhaps it would have been if Rio had even attempted to jump. But he didn't, he just stayed rooted and for that reason, even though Crouchy was all over him, I'm with the ref - no foul. In any case, a Centre Back needs to be STRONG in his penalty area and Crouchy (not exactly Godzilla himself) man handled Rio like a twelve year old girl. Simply not good enough.
          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
            This is a lesson that should be well and truly learned by now.
            When a top club let's a player go, it's because he is no more use to them.
            We only make ourselves look very, very, small time, when we start picking up the crumbs that fall from their tables.
            Park situation all over again.

Manure handing us their worn out players.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
              Let me say first of all that I'm positive Rio's heart is in the right place. I don't think he is a malingerer like some of the highly paid pylons we've acquired in recent years.

But with that said, we can all see that Uncle Harry has guaranteed him a place in the first team and a healthy pay cheque for the next year. He doesn't need to be sharp or on edge, he doesn't need to compete for his place. And, unfortunately, the inevitable consequence, even for a player who wants to do well (and I think Rio does), is a complacent player who is NEVER going to play his best. Players need some fear in order to be sharp and at their best. Rio is never going to have that while Uncle Harry is in charge. Another FAIL.

As for escaping criticism, did Harry not see what Crouchy did to Rio? People have called the first goal a foul and perhaps it would have been if Rio had even attempted to jump. But he didn't, he just stayed rooted and for that reason, even though Crouchy was all over him, I'm with the ref - no foul. In any case, a Centre Back needs to be STRONG in his penalty area and Crouchy (not exactly Godzilla himself) man handled Rio like a twelve year old girl. Simply not good enough.
              He'll come good. We're a hand full of games in and Rio has to adjust to a completely different type of game than he's used to. He hasn't got the backup of world class players around him to cancel out mistakes he might make and likewise he would of sorted a few out from others.

Believe me I'm no fan. The Ferdinand brothers annoy the sh1t out of me but I do think his professionalism will show soon.

Comment

Originally posted by OneEyedWilly View Post
                He'll come good. We're a hand full of games in and Rio has to adjust to a completely different type of game than he's used to. He hasn't got the backup of world class players around him to cancel out mistakes he might make and likewise he would of sorted a few out from others.

Believe me I'm no fan. The Ferdinand brothers annoy the sh1t out of me but I do think his professionalism will show soon.
                When will he come good? When will his professionalism show through? It should be expected that someone who has played so many years at the top to adapt very quickly to changing circumstances. Half a dozen games are more than enough.

As for your comment about having the backup of having world class players to cancel out any mistakes he might make, isn't he supposed to be world class himself?

As for members of his starstruck fan club, he's simply not doing the job you lot reckoned he would. He's too slow, too old, and he's getting worked over by opposing forwards all too easily and all too often.

Time's up Mr Ferdinand.
                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                  When will he come good? When will his professionalism show through? It should be expected that someone who has played so many years at the top to adapt very quickly to changing circumstances. Half a dozen games are more than enough.

As for your comment about having the backup of having world class players to cancel out any mistakes he might make, isn't he supposed to be world class himself?

As for members of his starstruck fan club, he's simply not doing the job you lot reckoned he would. He's too slow, too old, and he's getting worked over by opposing forwards all too easily and all too often.

Time's up Mr Ferdinand.
                  I would argue that Rio Ferdinand was never truly 'world class'. He worked well in a system of world class players some 4-5+ years ago. Would any world class player sign for QPR anyway? very doubtful.

I also don't think you can put any expectations on a player adapting by saying for e.g by game 2,3,5 of the season he should be XYZ. You just have to have a bit of faith that you've made the right decision based on his experience and attitude on and off the field, what your goals are and the plan for the season.

Our aim is to stay in the premier league and at the beginning of october it is way too early to start the witch hunt on anyone.

As I said, Im no fan and was gutted that we signed Rio but I do think he can do a job in what we are aiming to achieve. I also would like to see Ned out again somewhere as I rate him.

Comment

We also do not know what is happening on the training ground, at the club etc. and if his presence is having any influence on the younger players.

Comment

Rio only interested in selling his bloody book. That is all, nothing else matters.

Comment

What I do not understand is why so many expected him to shine for us before the season started. It is not like we have never bought twilight stars before. And the more we merrily chirp about how good such a next acquisition is going to be, the less Tony and Co will learn. And we will be in this frustrating situation over and over and over and over again.
                        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Ferdinand is like most of the other mercenarys that have played for us in the past just here for the money ffs.

Comment

In fact I think Park was a more useful signing than Ferdinand. Both these Man Utd rejects have been woeful on the pitch for us, but off the pitch Park sold many shirts and other fan mechandise, money for the club. Ferdinand sells his book, the club won't getty a penny.
                            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                              We also do not know what is happening on the training ground, at the club etc. and if his presence is having any influence on the younger players.
                              Well we do know he's not having any positive influence on the pitch at the moment....

Comment

Working...
                              X