No announcement yet.

Austin instead of Lambert..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would play Lambert over Rooney all day long!.... Rooneys the most over hyped, over ratted player out there.... scored a few good goals over the years (like any premiership striker should be doing) but but has always lived off his 2004 reputation!!
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Lambert is pony, how he is in the squad i dont know, i hope to see charlie in there one day, remember the england team had loads off qpr players in it
      You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
        Would play Lambert over Rooney all day long!.... Rooneys the most over hyped, over ratted player out there.... scored a few good goals over the years (like any premiership striker should be doing) but but has always lived off his 2004 reputation!!
        Crazy statement.

161 goals in 313 PL games for Utd, and 41 in 97 for England? The Rooney bashing in this country is madness, he is by far & away our best player.

If anybody in the England front line is overrated it's Sturridge. You watch England play down the pub & hear the abuse Rooney gets for a misplaced pass, then 2 minutes later Sturridge will do the same thing twice and nobody mentions it.

It's quite apparent that we are overly reliant on Rooney because if he doesn't win us the game single handedly, he gets lambasted. I think England fans take him for granted, without him we would be even $hitter than we are, and that's saying something.

Granted he hasn't lived upto the world beating hype he had as an 18 year old bursting onto the scene, but he is far far superior to somebody like Ricky Lambert.
        Last edited by MattyRangers; 02-10-2014, 06:37 PM.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
          Nick, no need to consider playing him "all day long", game's only 90 mins
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            Crazy statement.

161 goals in 313 PL games for Utd, and 41 in 97 for England? The Rooney bashing in this country is madness, he is by far & away our best player.

If anybody in the England front line is overrated it's Sturridge. You watch England play down the pub & hear the abuse Rooney gets for a misplaced pass, then 2 minutes later Sturridge will do the same thing twice and nobody mentions it.

It's quite apparent that we are overly reliant on Rooney because if he doesn't win us the game single handedly, he gets lambasted. I think England fans take him for granted, without him we would be even $hitter than we are, and that's saying something.

Granted he hasn't lived upto the world beating hype he had as an 18 year old bursting onto the scene, but he is far far superior to somebody like Ricky Lambert.
            Its never the misplaced pass though its the misplaced pass'es'. And also seems to be missing more, just doesn't seem to be up for the challenge.

Im not taking way what Rooney's done in the past. But more recently he's just looked lazy, certainly wouldn't get in my starting 11.
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
              Nick, no need to consider playing him "all day long", game's only 90 mins
              Well he's not getting much game time at Liverpool so he could do with the extra work.
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Crazy statement.

I agree with that. Maybe not the best player comment, but definitely one of our better players - certainly best striker.

As for Austin for England, no not yet. 2 games in the Premier League does not mean you get in over people who have proved themselves at the highest level.

I love Charlie, I think hes great, but he should not be touted for England just yet. He might not score another goal for us for all we know.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr_matt View Post
                  I agree with that. Maybe not the best player comment, but definitely one of our better players - certainly best striker.

As for Austin for England, no not yet. 2 games in the Premier League does not mean you get in over people who have proved themselves at the highest level.

I love Charlie, I think hes great, but he should not be touted for England just yet. He might not score another goal for us for all we know.
                  Agree with all that. We could be friends. Do you have a webcam?

Ref the "best player" comment; only player I would say is probably better is Hart. Possibly Cahill (sticks in me throat to say that but he is a top player).
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                    Lambert got in because he plays for fashionable Liverpool, the same as Smalling, Jones. Cleverly(now Everton) these guys would never get in other than they play for Man Utd smalling is awful
                    Seriously? I seem to remember him playing for a different team when he "got in".

I take your point about the top six, but they don't have enough quality in the English department to fill an English squad, hence the likes of Ricky (Southampton) and Charlie get a chance.

Comment

Agree with all that. We could be friends. Do you have a webcam?

Ref the "best player" comment; only player I would say is probably better is Hart. Possibly Cahill (sticks in me throat to say that but he is a top player).
                      My name is Matt as well - I am strangely aroused by this haha.

Cahill is always a good bet for a first goalscorer, a real threat. Hopefully he isnt on the 1st Nov!

'Best' player is always a bit vague. Hart is the best goalie, but would be rubbish up front for example. The England player I most enjoy is Sterling, due to his QPR past and Wilshire, just because he makes it look so easy and gets stuck in.

Comment

Thos that say Austin isn't good enough for England need to remember Jay Bothroyd played for England when he was at Cardiff in the Championship.

Give Chas a go, Lambert defo aint the future (or the present)

Comment

I'd give Charlie a go in a friendly if i was Woy. Just to see what he can do. Not in a competitive game though, not yet.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                            Thos that say Austin isn't good enough for England need to remember Jay Bothroyd played for England when he was at Cardiff in the Championship.

Give Chas a go, Lambert defo aint the future (or the present)
                            Yeah he did, but he had just scored 30 goals (I believe) the season before and had already scored a healthy number by the friendlies.

Just because he plays for QPR does not mean he should be thought about for England. People on here were saying that he should be dropped as he isnt playing that well.

Comment

Working...
                            X