Why not Ned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not Ned?

Really can't see why he isn't getting a chance.
    I still think Rio and Caulker will come good this season, but we have no-one with pace at the back.
    Ned n Caulker could be a great partnership for years to come.

Hill has to be dropped regardless. Going nowhere with him in the defence I'm sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
      Hill has to be dropped regardless. Going nowhere with him in the defence I'm sorry.
      Just can't see how Hill got to play at LB instead of Traore or Yun.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
        Just can't see how Hill got to play at LB instead of Traore or Yun.
        Unreal. I'd love to know why. I know he's mr 100% but it's cruel on the man to keep putting him up against top players. Not much fun for the fans either!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
          Unreal. I'd love to know why. I know he's mr 100% but it's cruel on the man to keep putting him up against top players. Not much fun for the fans either!
          Love Hill, but can't see why we have to play him at Left Back, it's almost like Harry feels he has to give him a position.
          Clint will get skinned this season if given the LB role again, as will come up against wingers that will nail him every time for pace.
          Would rather he started on the bench, then came on at CB when Rio or Caulker were having a mare !!

Comment

Love Hill, but can't see why we have to play him at Left Back, it's almost like Harry feels he has to give him a position.
            Clint will get skinned this season if given the LB role again, as will come up against wingers that will nail him every time for pace.
            Would rather he started on the bench, then came on at CB when Rio or Caulker were having a mare !!
            I know that's the fashionable view, but Clint wasn't skinned once at LB against either Sunderland or Man U. And on Sunday there were far worse players on the pitch with Green at fault for the first, Caulker slow for the third, and Rio badly at fault for the third (and for Hull's winner). Clint, other than concede the free kick from which Green let the first goal in, did OK. Others like Fer, Phillips and, yes, Charlie, had far worse games Sunday. Clint shouldn't play LB, however. Playing there means he has to be protected which meant Holliett had to play in front of him and far, far too deep. Because Harry has left us so woefully short at FB- Traore isn't a PL LB and Yun is nowhere to be seen- Clint did a job for the team. We need, being so short at LB, to play three at the back with Yun and Isla playing wing back and Sandro and Barton playing in front of the back three. That back three, whether we like it or not, will be Caulker and Rio and one other. The chief can't play on the left side. Nor can Dunne. That leaves Clint.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              I know that's the fashionable view, but Clint wasn't skinned once at LB against either Sunderland or Man U. And on Sunday there were far worse players on the pitch with Green at fault for the first, Caulker slow for the third, and Rio badly at fault for the third (and for Hull's winner). Clint, other than concede the free kick from which Green let the first goal in, did OK. Others like Fer, Phillips and, yes, Charlie, had far worse games Sunday. Clint shouldn't play LB, however. Playing there means he has to be protected which meant Holliett had to play in front of him and far, far too deep. Because Harry has left us so woefully short at FB- Traore isn't a PL LB and Yun is nowhere to be seen- Clint did a job for the team. We need, being so short at LB, to play three at the back with Yun and Isla playing wing back and Sandro and Barton playing in front of the back three. That back three, whether we like it or not, will be Caulker and Rio and one other. The chief can't play on the left side. Nor can Dunne. That leaves Clint.
              I agree with what you say, but Clint shouldn't get picked at LB.
              As the season progresses he won't keep up.
              I can't see why Harry has to play him there, Hill is not a LeftBack and was taken off on Sunday as was struggling.
              Its clear that Harry doesn't rate Traore or Yun, and feels that Hill would be a better choice.
              But, why didn't Harry try and sign a proper left back in the summer.

Comment

I still think Rio and Caulker will come good this season, but we have no-one with pace at the back.
                This has to be one of the biggest mysteries. I think most fans would pick Ned and caulker in the middle of a back 4.

Comment

Originally posted by blue and white View Post
                  This has to be one of the biggest mysteries. I think most fans would pick Ned and caulker in the middle of a back 4.
                  I think even Rio's mum would!!!

If we bring back the 3 at the back it needs to be Rio,Ned n Caulker.
                  They need Ned to mop up after them, when they get caught out through lack of pace.

Comment

Whilst I am not with some who believe Ned is our saviour and with him we will be water tight at the back I do feel if we continue to ship goals he should be given a chance.

Somehow though with our manager and his habit of playing his favourites I can't see that happening unless either Rio or Caulker gets crocked.

Comment

Without Big Ned our season is doomed. We need to put 'Ned In' on the backs of the 'Harry Out' banners.

Seriously though, he aint even that good at prem standard. But we do need a 'Hitchu' every season i suppose, so allow it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                        Whilst I am not with some who believe Ned is our saviour and with him we will be water tight at the back I do feel if we continue to ship goals he should be given a chance.

Somehow though with our manager and his habit of playing his favourites I can't see that happening unless either Rio or Caulker gets crocked.
                        then he will play Dunne, Ned's a no brainer for me
                        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                        This morning's tempest I have to cross
                        I must be guided without a stumble
                        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

8 goals in 2 away games and could have been more tells its own story.

Apart from the confidence being affected, all the other teams will be licking their lips at the thought of us going there.

We don't exactly carry much of a goal threat either.

I know it's only 4 games in and we've had 2 very hard away games but -8 goal difference and 1 goal scored in 4, is not exactly something to get excited about.

Unless we improve quickly, we all know where this is going to end

Comment

Our left back problems will be sorted when Yun is fit... Sure HR said he would play a big part this season and would be 1st choice ahead of Traore when he's fit?

IF we go back to 3 at the back IMO it's got to be Caulker, Rio and Ned.
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Not the right sort?!! Hill and Rio are different class, triffic lads, never a minutes problem!

On a serious note, I think it's Harry's biggest downfall as a manager. Has his favourites and often fails to see the blindingly obvious when it comes to team selection!

Comment

Working...
                              X