Cup run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cup run

Does anyone want a good cup run or shall we stick to the cr.ap we normally do which is going out early to a rubbish team. I know most say we need to concentrate on league, but going out early didn't save us last time we got relegated and it didn't improve us in the championship last season. Very rarely does do us well going out early apart from when we did win the championship. Wigan showed u can do well in league and cup
    'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Originally posted by qprvoyager10 View Post
    Does anyone want a good cup run or shall we stick to the cr.ap we normally do which is going out early to a rubbish team. I know most say we need to concentrate on league, but going out early didn't save us last time we got relegated and it didn't improve us in the championship last season. Very rarely does do us well going out early apart from when we did win the championship. Wigan showed u can do well in league and cup
    Didn't they get relegated when they won the cup?
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Rather concentrate on a champions league spot first,Pfff.in all honesty I'd love a cup run,Luton away midweek would be perfect
      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Does anyone want a good cup run or shall we stick to the cr.ap we normally do which is going out early to a rubbish team.
        Agreed mate, we should have been spanking Everton last season. How bad of us to go out to them.

Comment

I assume you're not talking about the season Wigan won it then.

Comment

. Wigan showed u can do well in league and cup
            Agreed mate, so well that they may have finished bottom instead of 18th had it not been for the confidence gained by the cup run.

Comment

Our idea of a cup run is to not be losing at half time in our first match.
              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                I assume you're not talking about the season Wigan won it then.
                No last season when the got to semi?? And still made play off final. They was also in Europe
                'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Cup runs are good for getting young and fringe players some game time... problem is they have to win if they want more than one games' worth!

Comment

Put our full strength side out every game , winning is a habit.

Our only chance of any glory is in the cups and it does my head in that clubs would rather stay in the league than win a cup.
                    We Are The People.....

Comment

No last season when the got to semi?? And still made play off final. They was also in Europe
                      So not the year they won it and got relegated from the league we are now in?

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                        So not the year they won it and got relegated from the league we are now in?
                        No last year where they were in Euro and got semi of a cup but still managed to get into playoffs. Anyway my main point was that we have constantly been knocked out early in the cups but don't think it has given us any advantage. Went out early 2 season ago and still got relegated. Went out early last season and our form still dipped.

Comment

Typhoo, PG Tips, Yorkshire Tea all come in bags
                          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Would love a good cup run knocking out some bigger PL teams along the way but the reality is we'll get knocked out in the first round to somoene like Shrewsbury.

Comment

The Cup is only fun if you go on a decent run - and mainly because you get to play PL teams along the way. Now we are back in the PL the attraction of a run is far less, except of course if that run were to take us all the way to Wembley
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                              X