Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm optimistic about next season, are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm optimistic about next season, are you?

Looking at some of the players we have, who might be coming back and the success of last season, I'm optimistic about how we'll do. I think we've got the right team behind the scene and that players are going to want to and will play. I don't think we'll be in a relegation scrap like the past two prem seasons.

How do you think we'll do?

Frankly I'll be amazed if we're out of the bottom 8 all season. We had arguably an average season last year, never really playing well for any length of time but when it mattered we got a result. This season, EVERY game will matter and if we're not ready for it, we'll get thumped. So far we have Rio to strengthen the team, good but not the answer to all our problems. We STILL only have Charlie as a reliable, regular striker and until we see new faces wearing the hooped shirt, we have IMO no chance at all of surviving. Sorry to dampen the spirits but I just think we're a long way ready for the Premiership again....

Flak jacket and tin hat on....open fire!!
    2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

nailed on for top 8 atm but 1 or 2 shrewd signing maybe top 4.

Comment

I'm optimistic at this time EVERY season.......

Comment

Some of the doughnuts on here aren't optimistic at all.. the play-off win euphoria didn't last long with some of the clowns and their comments on here

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
            Some of the doughnuts on here aren't optimistic at all.. the play-off win euphoria didn't last long with some of the clowns and their comments on here
            Heyyy!.....relax......the sun is out......share the love....

Comment

I was optimistic until we signed Rio. Another promotion but same mistakes.
              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                How can you say that when you aint even seen the fella play in a rangers shirt yet?

Comment

How can you say that when you aint even seen the fella play in a rangers shirt yet?
                  Seen more than enough fellas like him in the QPR shirt over the recent couple of seasons in the PL.
                  Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                  but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                  http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Yeah, because we were a much better outfit without Rio than we are with him......

Comment

So far we've added Rio....thats it. Whats driving your optimism at the moment other than blind hope?

Dont get me wrong, I hope we strengthen the squad a lot more and have a good season but right now, anyone expecting anything other than a struggle is in cuckoo land
                      2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Seen more than enough fellas like him in the QPR shirt over the recent couple of seasons in the PL.
                        sorry define 'fellas' like him? - United captain, knows QPR, has family that's played for us, London lad, knows the game inside out, experienced, ENGLISH.

Please do go on... and don't start with 'past it' when Ryan Giggs said if he was gaffer at United this season, Rio would be starting Centre half for him..

If Pirlo signed for Rangers would you be annoyed at the signing? - the fans that are slating this signing have NOT gota clue

Comment

Quite the opposite I think actually. Signed a decent pro with the RIGHT attitude and some affiliation to the club - negotiated hard and on a great contract for QPR. Has now also been proved still very fit at 35, being the 5th fittest player at Man U, which speaks volumes. One of the best defenders in prem league history and still hungry to play. Oh yeah on the back of his signing one of the brightest cb prospects in the country wants to sign for us.
                          What is Harry playing at........Clueless

Comment

Originally posted by Kevster269 View Post
                            So far we've added Rio....thats it. Whats driving your optimism at the moment other than blind hope?

Dont get me wrong, I hope we strengthen the squad a lot more and have a good season but right now, anyone expecting anything other than a struggle is in cuckoo land
                            yeah cos our 1st game is tomorrow aint it? - we've been back training for 5 days and your banging on about struggling next season.
                            You cant predict anything

Comment

sorry define 'fellas' like him? - United captain, knows QPR, has family that's played for us, London lad, knows the game inside out, experienced, ENGLISH.

Please do go on... and don't start with 'past it' when Ryan Giggs said if he was gaffer at United this season, Rio would be starting Centre half for him..

If Pirlo signed for Rangers would you be annoyed at the signing? - the fans that are slating this signing have NOT gota clue

Not sure why you need to highlight his englishness.......

Comment

Working...
                              X