Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danny Simpson poised to sign ( if you believe the papers )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
    Wish an expert on salad cream creation would pop up sometime soon. I've got meself a chicken roll ready to be had for lunch but some 'orrible sod has chored me salad cream from the fridge and I can't face eating it dry.
    6 -8 free-range fresh eggs
    English mustard or Dijon mustard
    salt
    pepper
    vinegar, of your choice
    single cream
    lemon juice (optional)
    Directions:

To start you will need to hard boil some eggs, I normally do 6 or 8 depending on the size of the egg. (Fresh salad cream will only last for about 3 to 4 days in the fridge, so it’s pointless making a huge batch.).
    Boil the eggs for about 10 minutes then place in ice cold water to cool. Once cooled remove the shells and slice in half, place the yolks in a bowl and wrap the whites in cling film and place in the fridge, you can do something else with them.
    To the egg yolks add a teaspoon of English or Dijon mustard, a pinch of salt and pepper, and a splash of vinegar. You can also add a sqeeze of lemon juice too if you want. Blend all these together to form a thick paste. Now start to add some cream, do it slowly and keep mixing. You don’t want the sauce too thick or too runny.
    When you think it’s nearly at the right consistency, stop and do a taste test. Now is the time to add more mustard or pepper if your taste buds demand it. Finish off by adding a little more vinegar until you acheive the right consistency.
    Of course if you don’t want to add more vinegar add a little more cream, as I said earlier this is a flexible recipe so make it how you like it.
    Store in a clean jam jar in the fridge for up to 3/4 days. Use in sandwiches, salads, dips, dressings etc.

Comment

I more and more feel that he must be poisoned in order to sign for us.:XD:
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
        6 -8 free-range fresh eggs
        English mustard or Dijon mustard
        salt
        pepper
        vinegar, of your choice
        single cream
        lemon juice (optional)
        Directions:

To start you will need to hard boil some eggs, I normally do 6 or 8 depending on the size of the egg. (Fresh salad cream will only last for about 3 to 4 days in the fridge, so it’s pointless making a huge batch.).
        Boil the eggs for about 10 minutes then place in ice cold water to cool. Once cooled remove the shells and slice in half, place the yolks in a bowl and wrap the whites in cling film and place in the fridge, you can do something else with them.
        To the egg yolks add a teaspoon of English or Dijon mustard, a pinch of salt and pepper, and a splash of vinegar. You can also add a sqeeze of lemon juice too if you want. Blend all these together to form a thick paste. Now start to add some cream, do it slowly and keep mixing. You don’t want the sauce too thick or too runny.
        When you think it’s nearly at the right consistency, stop and do a taste test. Now is the time to add more mustard or pepper if your taste buds demand it. Finish off by adding a little more vinegar until you acheive the right consistency.
        Of course if you don’t want to add more vinegar add a little more cream, as I said earlier this is a flexible recipe so make it how you like it.
        Store in a clean jam jar in the fridge for up to 3/4 days. Use in sandwiches, salads, dips, dressings etc.
        you not heard of heinz old son.........57 varieties!
        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X