Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free kicks

Who is better?

Since we lost Akos we have been shi*e with free kicks. Adel was poor - he did score 1 of 50+ opportunities since the year Buz got injured. I'm intrigued at the support for him at free kicks and the booing of Granero. I agree that Granero/Faulin/Barton/Mbia/everyone else who took a free kick for us this season have been rubbish but do you really think he is better than Granero who is the only one to come close this season?
    Adel
    26.19%
    Granero
    28.57%
    Both rubbish
    45.24%

The poll is expired.

Adel has scored from a free kick.

Comment

Clint Hill is better than both of them.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

There's more chance of me scoring from a free-kick for the Rangers, than either of those two.

Comment

Both pretty $hit really so not too fussed who takes em. If we sign Samba I'd like to see him take a 50 yard run up at 1 and just farking hit it. My money would be on the wall being taken into the goal with it if they got in the way.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Think Traore should take them when playing. Best crosser in the team IMO. And therefore should give him a crack at frees and corners.
            I'm here for a long time, not a good time...

Comment

Originally posted by maccatwo View Post
              Adel has scored from a free kick.
              So has Granero more recently than Adel, Adel's last v Spurs Last year. Granero' v WBA away this season
              Prob is they are both RUBBISH

Comment

If we are going to get a free kick just outside the box, may as well give it straight up as a goal kick.

Comment

Both are pants.

Comment

I'd like to see Granero given a chance without being harassed by Adel wanting to take it, thereby putting him under greater pressure.

Comment

Honestly, I reckon Granero's is miles better at taking freekicks than Adel. He has a similar technique to Ronaldo and Alonso, and although he misses a lot of them (just like Ronaldo and Alonso!) we should see a fair amount of good freekicks...Reading at home springs to mind
                      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

And that's gonna make loads of difference, we could always ask Norwich if they could not harass Zamora if he plays so he can concentrate on getting a chance on target, Granero gets paid £60k a week surely he can handle a whisper in the ear from Adel !!

Comment

Well, it's definitely not Adel. I'd like to know what his "scored to taken" ratio is on direct free kicks. Given the practice he's had he should now be scoring every other time! Shooting and finishing are not his strengths.
                          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

What we could really do with is the odd penalty. Only had one all season so it's certainly due...

Comment

^ We have to get into the other team's box first!
                              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                              X