Spectacular/pathetic last-gasp surrender at the Etihad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spectacular/pathetic last-gasp surrender at the Etihad

So what do you know/think/guess exactly happened? Did the news of Stoke-Bolton finishing at 2-2 have such a profound laxative effect on our players? Or did Manchester City simply and NATURALLY achieve what they should have achieved earlier in the game - take the lead again and beat us as we were a weaker team and were playing with 10 men? I tend to think it was the first one, players relaxing too much, and I do not like it a single bit, I think we should not have lost, despite the unimportance of not losing at that point and despite the likely hostility towards us after the game - we should not have lost.
    I think our players learned we were safe and thus relaxed too much
    71.82%
    I think Manchester City beat us deservedly, surprised it took them so long
    28.18%

The poll is expired.

Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

I do believe the Bolton result was filtering through to some of the players,and whereas they were 100% committed for the majority of the match,switch off/relieved for that split second and gifted it to Citeh!
    I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

I think the players were a bit distracted with us cheering, the bench going crazy. They caught us out and scored
      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

I don't think all of the players knew, the reactions from the defence showed that.

Man City had to win, and they were battering us all game, and we'd been defending for our lives with ten men.

42 shots? Something had to give tbf

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
          I think the players were a bit distracted with us cheering, the bench going crazy. They caught us out and scored

Bothroyd should have gone for the corner area and closed it. Huge mistake, but that´s history.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
            I don't think all of the players knew, the reactions from the defence showed that.

Man City had to win, and they were battering us all game, and we'd been defending for our lives with ten men.

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Who cares.......we stayed up!

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post

this pretty much sums it up for me.
                why is this thread appearing 3 weeks later??
                PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                  why is this thread appearing 3 weeks later??
                  Because I have been waiting to see if anyone else poses this question. I also wanted the initial euphoria to subside so we could approach this sensibly
                  Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                  but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                  http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                    Because I have been waiting to see if anyone else poses this question. I also wanted the initial euphoria to subside so we could approach this sensibly
                    fair enough.
                    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Anton certainly wouldn't have switched off.

Comment

As I said on one of the pevious posts, take yourself back to before the game and you would take survival at any cost,
                        In answer to op I think we switched off for a split second but now the dust has settled, I don't care we are Premier League and that's what I care about.

Comment

I think a combination of both. And to add, maybe complacency crept in towards the end as well which Dzeko took advantage of. They weren't an aerial threat for much of the game before his introduction.

Comment

I think we felt sorry for em and let em have it at the end....and saved Mancini an heart attack.

Comment

I love the way some of these polls are worded.
                              How about ' City deserved to win it' without the 'surprised it took them so long' bit.
                              I couldn't honestly see them even equalising before extra time yet once one had gone in they seized their chance. I think a few of our players knew we were safe but Derry claims not to have and this is borne out by his face as he stretches to block the shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X