Holloway Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    we have had some really good times with 'Fark Off TF'.
    Maybe but I could count them all on one hand and not need all the fingers.

Comment

I reckon Bournemouth are the only club our size to have done better than us in recent history.
      So yeah, we have mucked it up royally but we have had some really good times with 'Fark Off TF'.
      Burnley, Hull City, Watford?!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        Burnley, Hull City, Watford?!!
        Burnley 20k

Hull City 20k and only just gone up.

Watford 20k

Comment

• We used to fill out Loftus Rd in the Premier too mate.

Plus fanbase isn't everything. Gotta look at investment in the club as well!
          Last edited by Tarbie; 25-04-2017, 01:21 PM.

Comment

We used to fill out Loftus Rd in the Premier too mate.

Plus fanbase isn't everything. Gotta look at invest in the club as well!
            Did average attendace mate.
            Im talking size of club and thats usually judged on support and size of ground aint it?

Comment

Did average attendace mate.
              Im talking size of club and thats usually judged on support and size of ground aint it?
              Depends how you look at it.

Fanbase can be grown or reduced depending on where you are currently playing your football and the sort of players you are bringing in. Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City etc haven't always filled 60 or 70k all-seaters.......although I do appreciate they are all bigger clubs than us!

We invested a big chunk of money under Fernandes to push this club forward. Instead we are lying 20 league positions lower and playing worse football. If you see that as a success then I'd argue that you're pretty easily pleased!

Comment

• Owners can ruin clubs. We've been very lucky.

Comment

• @ Tarbie

I don't see it as a success whatsoever but i also dont see it as the end of the world.
                  We have been a lot worse (with the same manager) and i refuse to use the chairmans money as a gauge as to where i expect this club to be divison wise.
                  Think a lot of it is down to bad luck, Hughes one of the steadiest managers in the game with stoke.
                  Harry kneecap has done well with every other club hes managed.
                  Jfh could of been the black jaap staam and im sure it would of been like that had he gone to Reading and staam joined us.
                  We are just unlucky and cursed, thats what i accept.

P.s Agree totally James.
                  Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 25-04-2017, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Bigger clubs than us like Ipswich would love to of had our last ten years.
                    Expenditure >0.25bn to end up lower down the scale? No one would want that.

People have to get real. Returning old boys very seldom work out (look at our own history), and Ollie is basically unfit for purpose. A bit like the chairman. All we can do is hope that one day some kind of sanity will prevail, but until then......

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                      Owners can ruin clubs. We've been very lucky.
                      How do you work that out?

Chris Wright had a bloody good go at ruining us. Flabio and Bernie could have ruined us too if Fernandes hadn't been daft enough to pay their asking price. Fernandes and his cronies could still ruin us if all director loans etc were called in and they stopped bankrolling us to dig us out of the hole they created.

Lucky is not a word I'd use when discussing directors at our club. Lucky would be Chelsea, Man City or Arsenal!

Comment

Chris Wright had a bloody good go at ruining us. Flabio and Bernie could have ruined us too if Fernandes hadn't been daft enough to pay their asking price. Fernandes and his cronies could still ruin us if all director loans etc were called in and they stopped bankrolling us to dig us out of the hole they created.

Lucky is not a word I'd use when discussing directors at our club. Lucky would be Chelsea, Man City or Arsenal!
                        Thats not luck though.
                        Huge fan base and huge ground capacity.
                        People queue up to buy them clubs, people run a mile when asked to buy clubs like us.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                          Expenditure >0.25bn to end up lower down the scale? No one would want that.

People have to get real. Returning old boys very seldom work out (look at our own history), and Ollie is basically unfit for purpose. A bit like the chairman. All we can do is hope that one day some kind of sanity will prevail, but until then......
                          Why, did you or your kids go without clothes or food spending that 0.25 billion?

Ask any Ipswich (for instance) fan would they give a flying fark if their chairman spent 0.25 billion of his own money but they would have a couple of seasons in the prem including the best match in the divisions history, and a play off final win, they would bite your hand off.

Comment

I'm not talking about Chris wright. I was talking about Fernandez. Who would pay these director loans if they called them in? The answer is the shareholders, who also own the loans. We have hardly any external debt. We are very very lucky. Don't get fooled by all this huge debt, losses etc. Only worry if banks or hedge funds etc. Start loaning us the cash.

Comment

Why, did you or your kids go without clothes or food spending that 0.25 billion.
                              Because what really counts is where we've ended up. Every high has been outnumbered by the lows, the humiliations at the hands of our neighbours. I don't want to be a tin pot joke tarts knickers club (up & down), I don't want mates giving me stick because the 0.25 expenditure makes us a total laughing stock, I don't want a team of comedians running the show. I honestly wouldn't pay money to have any of them involved in my business in any way, even if I was running the corner shop. There was a time when we better than Brentford etc. Being consistently better than them and at least as good as the ruperts would help, but we just keep taking it where the sun dont shine every time they bend us over. That has to stop.

You don't earn respect behaving like a lottery winner on a supermarket dash and then ending up signing on.

Comment

• People are really starting to over take us with spending now and by next season we wont even be thought of as big spenders anymore i dont reckon. (Only by our own fans)
                                Thats my only worry with chasing Les out with Ollie, we really dont want to lose Lee Hoos with them, hes worked absolute wonders.

Comment

Working...
                                X