Standing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standing

I made a post on away days a little while ago, but I wanted to see what people think about standing at home or away games. When I see highlights, I see teams like Leeds, Spurs, Liverpool having whole stands that stand all game.

Away days the bulk of teams stand all game long, even if they are top tier.

Me personally, I love to stand and watch the game, I do not feel so constricted to let emotion out. Plus, at LR you lose your kneecaps sitting down. But this is mainly for away days so I would add a poll, but I dont know how. I simply want it to be yes or no, if you would rather stand all game and not tell someone else to sit down. I find it frustrating having to sit, and it stops us really getting behind the team. I am on a forum which is mixed fans, and a lot of the time they are saying that we arent loud and we just sit and clap.

Worked out how to add a poll, go me!
    Stand
    55.32%
    Sit
    44.68%
    Last edited by SpongeParr; 16-01-2016, 12:12 PM.

yes standing is much better

Comment

Not fussed stood at Forest last week

Comment

Stand but the problem is if you do, you can block the view to the people sitting behind you. I don't like doing that so I sit unless I know it's okay.

Comment

like to sit as i'm getting on

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
            Stand but the problem is if you do, you can block the view to the people sitting behind you. I don't like doing that so I sit unless I know it's okay.
            That is the problem. I think most people sit to be polite, when the larget proportion would like to stand but are too British to do so.

Having said that, the poll is even so it clearly isnt the above.

Comment

Never been to an English game in my life, but in the Australian league, no one stands (unless a chant is going, which is not that often.) Is standing an English thing? In Aussie rules football as well, you don't leave your seat except at the breaks.
              You support QPR?!?!

– Every Australian Ever

Comment

like to stand

if we havent sold out our allocation and theres some chaps behind me who are sitting, ill go up to row Z so I can stand.
                at home, in R block, every seat is pretty much sold. and there are a good fair share of the elderly or the morbidly obese thus can't stand much. so i sit. but yeah it feels weird to have a sing song whilst seated. especially when i look to my right at Q block and their mostly standing
                Rangers Til I Die
                follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Stood on Saturday at Rotherham, was dodgy when we scored as several people went flying as goal unexpected. The seats had low backs to them and floor very slippery
                  Luckily no one hurt them selves properly although several had to be untangled
                  If the grounds were suited to stand then that maybe ok
                  Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

This is taken from the mixed forum I am on:

MillerWhale
                    Supports:Rotherham United
                    New
                    Good Rangers following in terms of numbers, horrific in terms of support. It had to take a third goal for the home fans to hear any faint sound of a song from 1.200 followers.

Heard louder from sub 100 followings in League 2, but those that went must be delighted as after we failed to do anything after a dominant first half, they had a ten minute period that took the game away from us; fair play.

Comment

Personally would love to, but i take my lad to games and nothing worse than seeing him trying to stretch around and see through little gaps from the people standing in front. Would take some commonsense from people but not sure why we cant just work it that people who want to sit go down the front, those who want to stand at the back. Iv never had a problem with anyone wanting to swap seats as long as the reason is justifiable.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                        Personally would love to, but i take my lad to games and nothing worse than seeing him trying to stretch around and see through little gaps from the people standing in front. Would take some commonsense from people but not sure why we cant just work it that people who want to sit go down the front, those who want to stand at the back. Iv never had a problem with anyone wanting to swap seats as long as the reason is justifiable.
                        exactly this. in the end, I reckon most are just far too british to suggest such an anarchaic proposal as to swap seats
                        Rangers Til I Die
                        follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

But then why would people who sit want to move to the front, where they normally have a lesser view? I just dont understand how better support clubs do it, without any issue.

Comment

Should have a seating area for people at away games... an area for OAP's and families.

Comment

Quite surprised at how even this is.

Comment

Working...
                              X