So after three defeats in a row...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So after three defeats in a row...

...where do you think we will finish if Redknapp stays?
    And if he is replaced, will we do better by the end
    of the season with the new manager syndrome, etc.?
    This is a multi-poll: you can tick SEVERAL replies that apply.
    Straight promotion if Redknapp stays
    10.87%
    Playoff spot if Redknapp stays
    48.91%
    Outside top 6 if Redknapp stays
    14.13%
    Straight promotion if Redknapp is sacked
    1.09%
    Playoff spot if Redknapp is sacked
    16.30%
    Outside top 6 if Redknapp is sacked
    8.70%

The poll is expired.

Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Outside top 6 either way

Comment

definate play off spot

Comment

If we keep HR
        worst case scenario we'll get play offs.

Sack HR
        Mid to bottom half of the table. New manager will bring in/out players and will coach and play a different style. IMO to much change in a short space of time will keep us in this division.
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I've got a feeling we will scrape a play off spot if he stays but then fail dismally in play offs as he clearly can't motivate the team and has the tactical nouse of a corpse. If we replace him probably same result.

Main thing for me is if a new man comes in if the rest of the season will give him an opportunity to properly assess the team or if that would make little difference. Again, and as with last season, we have a hopelessly unbalanced squad. We had a lot of disinterested foreigners last season and this season have a load of disinterested more mature players looking for a final wage packet or two.

Personally has got to the stage I just want this season out of the way and Redknapp out. I feel as depressed as he looks!

I feel for the board. They have brought in two very experienced, respected Premier League managers, backed them to the hilt and ended up with a mess. If they had brought on board a foreign manager with no real pedigree because say they had been good as a player that would be one thing but they have been very sensible with their appointments and still come unstuck.

Comment

Honestly, I'm not sure I'd like us to reach PL this season. I think we'd be better of missing out, getting rid of all our loan players, change manager and start building for the long term with players that actually want to play for QPR; like Hill & Onhua, Simpson, Faurlin, Phillips, Austin, Hitchcock and maybe Petrasso! Create that QPR-spine we all want and build from that..not matter if it takes 2-3 more years to reach the PL, please do it the correct way!

Comment

Sacking Redknapp (and again, I'm not a fan of his) would be disruptive and potentially counter-productive. OK, so you've had three defeats in a row: in January (last month, FFS) you won four in a row.

Look at the table: you are seven points above seventh place, which is quite a gap, even with 15 matches to play. Of course, it's a very competitive league, and in theory (with every team having more than 40 points to play for) over half the teams in the division stand a chance of getting into the play-offs. However, in reality it's very rare for someone to do what Reading did in 2011-12, and the teams in the final playoff places usually come from those who are in the top seven or eight at this time of the season. In fact, even Reading were second at the end of February 2012.

Anything can happen, of course, but I'd think you were nailed-on for a play-off place at least: as long as no-one presses the panic button.

Comment

Originally posted by LanguedocFox View Post
                Sacking Redknapp (and again, I'm not a fan of his) would be disruptive and potentially counter-productive. OK, so you've had three defeats in a row: in January (last month, FFS) you won four in a row.

Look at the table: you are seven points above seventh place, which is quite a gap, even with 15 matches to play. Of course, it's a very competitive league, and in theory (with every team having more than 40 points to play for) over half the teams in the division stand a chance of getting into the play-offs. However, in reality it's very rare for someone to do what Reading did in 2011-12, and the teams in the final playoff places usually come from those who are in the top seven or eight at this time of the season. In fact, even Reading were second at the end of February 2012.

Anything can happen, of course, but I'd think you were nailed-on for a play-off place at least: as long as no-one presses the panic button.
                Again an eloquent and rational view of our current position. A great post Foxy. it's funny how those detached from the emotional ties of supporting our great club are able to see the situation. With much greater clarity.
                It's about time that we all had a bit of a reality check and start to get behind the manager and the team and get us back on track for promotion. We have a great squad and experience in abundance with a mixture of youthful exuberance. The immediate future should be full of optimism not panic and despair!
                Last edited by oldhoop; 25-02-2014, 12:35 PM.
                oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Originally posted by oldhoop View Post
                  Again an eloquent and rational view of our current position. A great post Foxy. it's funny how those detached from the emotional ties of supporting our great club are able to see the situation. With much greater clarity.
                  It's about time that we all had a bit of a reality check and start to get behind the manager and the team and get us back on track for promotion. We have a great squad and experience in abundance with a mixture of youthful exuberance. The immediate future should be full of optimism not panic and despair!
                  A great post all round Oldhoop, agree with all of that, but especially the highlighted bit.
                  and also to our Leicester friend, great post. You are spot on.

Comment

Yes, a couple of decent posts there.

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
                      Outside top 6 either way
                      Totally agree with this. In my opinion, until we get a consistent midfield 4 (or 5) that can play together and create chances, we are not going to finish in the top 6.

Comment

Feel we will struggle to keep in the top 6, Wigan on a march now along with the obvious ones already in position.

Still hope to see us promoted at Wemberley
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Plays offs with or without him but we will get pumped in the play offs as we dont have enough goals in us, in my opinion, to come out the other end

Comment

Kinda settles that one then it seems.

Comment

Not being funny but the way were playing, 3 defeats in a row, no goals.. we could easily fall out of the play-offs.. its a slippery slope and Wigan are playing well now they are outa the ropey league.. I feel it will be between us and Reading for a play-off spot. Wigan will get there

Comment

Working...
                              X