No announcement yet.

Will smc going doom us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The main reason we are top is because of our defence and as they said on The Football Show on Saturday this is mostly down to Joe Jordan and Kevin Bond.

Comment

The Dutch method of total football showed itself for the first time on Saturday. Far from the finished article but its arriving at a stadium near you very soon. Step 1, sort the defence/build from the back. Step 2, learn to pass the ball, slowly at first, even just sideways and backwards until it becomes second nature. Step 3, step up a level and start moving the ball with intensity and string some passes together. Step 4, put steps 1 -to- 3 together and play shexy football.

We just got to step 3 and Shteve leaves the building with the coaching manual in his pocket. Cue Harry, Joe and Kevin hunched over a puter in Tony's office trying to find the last page of the plan

All joking aside, SMC is one of the finest English coaches in the game and he will have brought ideas and freshness to the staff. But as said elsewhere, the team Harry has is a damn fine one and they deserve credit for where we are heading. Good luck to SMC, grateful for his input, but stand back and watch us continue to grow into a team that plays the right way.
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Didn't vote but think we will miss him heard he's been doing a great job with the team. sort of go between Harry & the Players obviously a better coach than manager? lets hope we dont go into a slide now he's left?

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
          Sure he was only brought in to assist whilst HR recovered from his op and whilst he clearly did a good job i think Jordan and Bond deserve some credit. It was an ideal solution and helped out both parties but i really don't think he is the messiah some are making him out to be. Good chance for him at Derby where the fans will back him, would be interested to know how many would have supported him had he got the Job here instead of HR not many I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by hooploft View Post
            Wev'e had a run of results while he's been here but realistically in general the quality of play has been fairly poor and that's not criticizing anybody just my opinion
            I totally agree apart from Saturday its been very average..

Comment

Been a great help but I dont think his departure will cause any meltdown as to how we have been progressing.

Comment

good coach but I don't recall him being with spurs when harry took them to top 6, I think harry can get by

Comment

what do we know about what he did - its all guesswork. if he had left one game earlier (before boro) then people would be posting about how defensive he was and how free flowing it is since he left. he would have done the same job but it would be viewed differently just because of timing.

but we do know that he is a fine coach and that all at the club liked him and as a coach his track record is excellent so I am sorry to see him go. but still got the manager + coaches that took spurs to the top playing nice football so no reason to be worried about being doomed.

Comment

I think he was in the highlight because Harry has been praising him a lot recently and a good coach but can't remember him doing that much as a manager.

Comment

Working...
                    X