Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is their anyone who is really bothered that Mackie has gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is their anyone who is really bothered that Mackie has gone?

Nice guy, great work ethnic but absolutely no ability whats so ever. Can anyone say that if we could get Townsend it wouldn't be an improvement. Or Mcanuf or any half decent wide player. Thanks Jamie and all the best unless your playing against us.
    Bothered
    47.12%
    Not bothered
    52.88%

The poll is expired.

Pretty accurate although in the championship I think he could have been useful

Comment

See my post on other thread. Not bothered at all. Guy has reached the peak in his career. The 6 months in our promotion season was the best he was ever going to be. Limited footballer who didn't offer much to the side. Good business by the club.
      First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

If we can get Townsend jm would not be one bit missed

Comment

Harry's thinking might be that he has SWP and Park to play on the right and there's a chance of getting Townsend. He's hoping to bring in a couple of forwards as well I would guess, so Mackie's chances of getting a game in that position would be restricted.

He's a player that divided opinion just as Simon Barker did all those years ago.
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Couldn't care less - I'm sure he has a microwave he can use whilst he waits for it to be refilled.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
              Harry's thinking might be that he has SWP and Park to play on the right and there's a chance of getting Townsend. He's hoping to bring in a couple of forwards as well I would guess, so Mackie's chances of getting a game in that position would be restricted.

He's a player that divided opinion just as Simon Barker did all those years ago.
              Don't understand why we would let him go before he's given a chance in the Championship when he has proved he has what it takes in this league before.

Instead we are still lumbered with players who couldn't give a flying fark, Park, Mbia, Granero, Hoilett, SWP etc etc etc who will not be interested in battling in this league

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                Couldn't care less - I'm sure he has a microwave he can use whilst he waits for it to be refilled.
                Calor and Flogas are in short supply as well Matty. It's the warm weather - everyone's been using their bbqs

Comment

i wont miss him very limited in his football ability tries hard thats about it !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by march56 View Post
                    i wont miss him very limited in his football ability tries hard thats about it !!!!
                    Makes 2 of us.

Comment

In fairness, although I think he could be an assest in the Championship & would have certainly done a job (albeit I wouldn't have wanted him in the starting 11 every week), I think it's the fact that we have flopped so badly that Mackie is so highly thought of (by some!). As we all know, he has limited footblling ability, and it's his work rate and effort that keeps fans on his side (me included tbf), but that's highlighted due to the fact we have a squad full of losers & people there for a pay packet.

If, for example,we had a squad of players wanting to be there and trying every game, ala Swansea or Naarwich, then Mackie would, more than likely, be deemed surplus to requirements by near on everybody. But as it goes, we have lost 1 of the few that seem to break sweat & thus it seems a bit of a loss as tryign hard seems to be in short supply within our squad, which it obviously shouldn't be. He is very replaceable though, just needa make sure we're half savvy & get somebody in that wants to play & not another w-anchor that just wants a wedge.
                      Last edited by MattyRangers; 26-07-2013, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Trying hard is lovely but it doesn't get you results if you don't have ability to match and Spackie has no ability apart from running. If he took up long distance running he may be World Champ, but at football....? And what's all this nonsense about he is what we need in the Championship? It's not all about running around like your chasing an underage child from grassing you up, Adel has proved that as have many players and teams over the years. He is not what we need at any level.

Comment

Will miss his passion, but limited ability overall. Does annoy me however forest can get a deal tied up within a day, whilst QPR take an entire pre-season.

Comment

Won't be a loss as we have others with more ability, BUT those with the ability do not show Mackie's work ethic,harrassing and chasing the ball down. So although there is cover for his position (on the bench) lets not get all harsh on the lad coz one thing Mackie did do was give us 100% commitment and he didn't just play for the club he put himself about for us fans.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRWEBBIE View Post
                              Won't be a loss as we have others with more ability, BUT those with the ability do not show Mackie's work ethic,harrassing and chasing the ball down.
                              So he gets praised for it whilst I get hauled through the courts, given 100 hours community service and banned from being within 500 yards of Sarah from Accounts?

Yet another example of how there's seemingly 1 rule for footballers and another for us averages joes.

Comment

Working...
                              X