My view of the Nottingham game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My view of the Nottingham game

When thinking about the game I must say that it was a game of two halves. We did look good in the first half but tried to play on the result in the second and got punished directly.

Cerny looks good and does his work, not much to complain about although his feet have more to wish but that's goalies.

The back four looked actually a lot more composed in the first half and I can not really understand the stick Fitz Hall gets every other day, it became far worse when he left at half time. Stew is Stew, does ok but is a bit...I can't find the word in English...well, he doesn't look totalty safe. Gorkss was a class act in the air but didn't seem to glue with Stew, I actually understand why JM plays him with Fitz. Ramage won't be benched unless he makes major misstakes, he's not the best wing back in the league but certainly not the worst. Borrowdale on the other hand....hmmmm, I'm not convinced at all. But, one should remember he plays alone on the left hand side, Adel has probably never heard the words defensive thinking. All in all, the back four isn't bad at all and looked good the first 45 minutes. But, I'm not sure they're good enough when three out of four attacking mf-players tries to play defensive football. With Mahon-Legs in the middle, Adel out and Faurlin on the left hand side it'd probably look a lot better.

Our mf is probably one of the best in the league going forward. Faurlin did not look bad at all and will get better for every game now. Legs has amazing feet even though he sometimes looks as having two left feet, most of his passes when shifting the ball were class and the goal really well taken. WR had a few discussions with the ref but all in all the most innovative player we have. Adel is also a class player but only going forward, we could all see what he looked like before he was taken off. It was a bit strange to see Buzz on the bench and I'll think he'll start this weekend. Class act free kick.. All in all, going forward one of the best mf in the league, defensively nothing but average.

FW. What can I say... Ok, Pellicori worked hard and tries his best. He's not the savior we're looking for but good in the air and also moves well despite his height. Helguson didn't looked crap but will not stay in the team unless he starts putting chances away. The header in the second half from the left hand side must AT LEAST hit goal. If he doesn't score and doesn't work harder, he'll deffo be out of the team soon! Maybe the combination Pellicori-Vine will work out better, Vine's got the speed and movement. This is the departement that stands out negatively and we'll need one CLASS forward to sort it out. Unfortunately it's a Lita/Beckford-type we looking for. If we can find this forward, in my eyes we have a team for the top-6, no doubt about it!

Me, my brother and especially my mum had a great weekend. Unfortunately one of them f***ed up our chances to hit the Springbok before the game. Too bad, I really looked forward to meet some of you. Luckily, there will be other chances.

/Erik, Sweden
Working...
X