X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hogan

Anyone ever seen this... interesting watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VppeKmihsU

i like Hogan i hope that with some help he can bulk up a bit and get in to the first team. if not i hope he can go to another team and do well

Comment

problem with hogan is merely his size and knowing his best position.

similar to conolly - great player but used in too many positions so we cant really place him in the side.
      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
      Lovejoy: "No?!"
      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Why do people still go on about players being too small to be able to be effective in the prem..... Has the dominance of Barcelona not demonstrated to everyone that if people are good at football, size is irrelevant. Blimey, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Villa, between them have a combined height about the same as Peter Crouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
          Why do people still go on about players being too small to be able to be effective in the prem..... Has the dominance of Barcelona not demonstrated to everyone that if people are good at football, size is irrelevant. Blimey, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Villa, between them have a combined height about the same as Peter Crouch.
          This all relevant information and it states a good argument.

However all of the names stated are AMAZING GIFTED individuals. Sadly Hogan will never be at that level. One of his let downs is his size (He does need to bulk a bit, become a lot stronger on and off the ball) If he could do this he would be such a better player IMO.

He already posses good skills and pace and is still young. He has the ability to improve and I feel this is why he has been kept at QPR and into the 25 man squad.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
            This all relevant information and it states a good argument.

However all of the names stated are AMAZING GIFTED individuals. Sadly Hogan will never be at that level. One of his let downs is his size (He does need to bulk a bit, become a lot stronger on and off the ball) If he could do this he would be such a better player IMO.

He already posses good skills and pace and is still young. He has the ability to improve and I feel this is why he has been kept at QPR and into the 25 man squad.
            ...and he runs like he's giving high fives to a hundred dwarves

Comment

some

some people just have the power to play full time prem football,eiphram is wasting his time at rangers he is just not prem quality,he should get involved in the lower divisions and see if he can
              develop himself,a little bit,i know there have been fabulously gifted little players who can play top football but hogan just dosnt have those gifts,i think its wrong for us to keep him in the 25 because he will just waste his whole football career away...................
              Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
                some people just have the power to play full time prem football,eiphram is wasting his time at rangers he is just not prem quality,he should get involved in the lower divisions and see if he can
                develop himself,a little bit,i know there have been fabulously gifted little players who can play top football but hogan just dosnt have those gifts,i think its wrong for us to keep him in the 25 because he will just waste his whole football career away...................
                Why cant he become a prem player....?

The season we won the Championship he was a regular early in the season and scoring goals, in a team that dominated that division. He later fell out of favour for whatever reason, but it's irrelevant as he proved good enough at that level. Since then the likes of Swansea and Norwich, who had inferior teams, have gone up, stayed up with largely the same Championship players. If theirs cna hold their own, why can't the likes of Hogan... It's a myth.

The fact is, until players have a run of game sin the prem, nobody can say with any certainty whether they will be ok or not. Pleayers like Routledge were labled as prem failures as he'd never done it at prem clubs, but now he's flying with Swansea and one of their best performers this season.

Comment

Why cant he become a prem player....?

The season we won the Championship he was a regular early in the season and scoring goals, in a team that dominated that division. He later fell out of favour for whatever reason, but it's irrelevant as he proved good enough at that level. Since then the likes of Swansea and Norwich, who had inferior teams, have gone up, stayed up with largely the same Championship players. If theirs cna hold their own, why can't the likes of Hogan... It's a myth.

The fact is, until players have a run of game sin the prem, nobody can say with any certainty whether they will be ok or not. Pleayers like Routledge were labled as prem failures as he'd never done it at prem clubs, but now he's flying with Swansea and one of their best performers this season.
                  100% Agree. The guy needs a chance. He obviously feels happy at QPR working with better players and coaches. In actual fact he is our longest serving player and he has a great chance to become something more.

Dont write people off... We did it before with Furlong and Helguson and they ended up being gods!

Comment

Why cant he become a prem player....?.
                    IMO, three reasons.
                    1) He aint good enough which is no big deal, he just wont play.
                    2) He cant get pass championship players and cross the ball, let alone PL players.
                    3) Hoilett, Park, SWP, Adel and Mackie are better options, but I guess they could all be injured or suspended at the same time.

Just for fun, looking at the 25 players selected, if we were able to only have 24 players, would Hogan be in it ?.
                    Last edited by paulmason; 05-09-2012, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                      100% Agree. The guy needs a chance!
                      All Smith needed was a chance, All DJ needed was a chance, All Bothroyd needed was a chance, all Young needed was a chance..............

They did not get one becuse there were better options.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                        All Smith needed was a chance, All DJ needed was a chance, All Bothroyd needed was a chance, all Young needed was a chance..............

They did not get one becuse there were better options.
                        They all had plenty of chances bar DJ due to injury, who still managed to miss absolute sitters when he did get a game... Man Utd at home open goal from about a yard and he missed.... Bothroyd, mised countless chances against Newcastle alone and played many games, Young played half a season and although looked very good for us in general, he was at fault for far too many goals in the end. Smith at end of career and got some games under NW and MH.

How can you say they didn't get a chance.....

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                          IMO, three reasons.
                          1) He aint good enough which is no big deal, he just wont play.
                          2) He cant get pass championship players and cross the ball, let alone PL players.
                          3) Hoilett, Park, SWP, Adel and Mackie are better options, but I guess they could all be injured or suspended at the same time.

Just for fun, looking at the 25 players selected, if we were able to only have 24 players, would Hogan be in it ?.
                          1. How much of him have you actually seen the last 2 years....? Do you watch training every day?
                          2. Utter rubbish just to try and accentuate your point. As comparison, please tell me how many defenders Mackie beats before crossing the ball.... next to zero. He bundles into them and sometimes gets the run of the ball before losing it normally. Very rarely crosses.
                          3. You're missing the point

The statement made was he'll never be a prem player. The last time i looked there were 20 prem teams, not just us. Even if he never breaks into our team, it doesn't mean he couldn't become a prem player for another club.

Just to add to the argument... some of our fans before last season were adament that Derry, Hill, HH etc were nowhere near good enough for the prem... all proved wrong.

Comment

Wait a minute...

1. Hogan HAS NOT HAD a fair crack at the prem and he is ONLY 24!!! Bags to learn and bags of time left in him before he even hits his prime
                            2. He was a good player for us for many seasons
                            3. Bothroyd and Young both had LOADS of chances
                            4. I am sad to see DJ go on loan actually, but he isnt getting any younger!!

Comment

I think that Hogan is good enough to do a job for us, but that's not the issue for me. It's the fact at his age he needs to start playing regular football, something he won't get for us. For his sake, I'd rather he get first team football in the championship to aid his development. He's 24 let's not forget.

Comment

Working...
                              X