How Can We Afford These Players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Can We Afford These Players?

SWP and Barton must be on good money - so how can we afford them on gates of 15-18k?
    Presumably our owners are financing it, but surely they can't do it indefinitely - and how do they get their money back?

David

Scroll through threads and youll find the same discussion has been had 20 times previously.

In a nut shell: we dont run at a profit, very few football clubs do. TF and consortium worth nearly £1billion, Mittal worth about £18billion, between them they can afford to pay half decent PL wages without losing much sleep.

Top line not meant to be a dig by the way mate, apologies if it came across that way lol

Plus, our owners and board are very shrewd business men, they know that the real money is staying in the PL and so making a loss in the short term (ie goodplayers wages) will more than pay for themselves when we are an established PL side in a few years time. We simpley cannot afford to drop out of this league now we are here.
    Last edited by MattyRangers; 01-09-2011, 01:31 PM.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Fernandes has also been quoted as saying that a Premier League football club is a great vehicle for him and his associates to promote and advertise their various business ventures. As such they are happy at this stage to make a significant investment into establishing the club in the Premier League!

Comment

Not this again....

We have made a handful of signings on decent wages and yet their salaries will still fall way short of the prem money we will get alone... you get over £30m for coming bottom FFS.

Add in sponsorship, Gate money, merchandising etc and with a decent finishing place we will probably bring in nearly £50m this season... no need to panic.

Clubs get in trouble when they have 20 players on stupid wages, and when they were deemed not good enough, got others in on insane wages.... Most of our squad are on low prem wages.

Comment

This is wearing thin.

They clearly have plans to move to a larger ground and generate more income. I think they'll generate it elsewhere as well. Hotel maybe, and from growing our Asian followers.

They are all astute men.
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

As others have said it's a case of trying to stay in the Prem and if that means making a loss in the short term then that's what will occur.

Additionally we have a large number of people who are out of contract in the summer. Off the top of my head Rowlands, Cook, Vine, Agyemang, Cerny, others I think include Gabbidon, Hall, Brrowdale, Hogan, Heidar, Akos, Shittu there may be more (can't find a deinitive list). That lot going would probably free up in the region of 200 - 250k p/w. The key is going to be staying up and then having a big clear out in the summer, we are now in a competitive position to do so.

Comment

OK, ok - sorry everyone!
              Perhaps I am being over cautious with regard to the transfers.
              I'm not sure if there's much money to be made in Asia unless we finish top 4 (e.g. when I lived in Taiwan I saw lots of Man U/Chelsea tops but not many Spurs tops - maybe other Asian countries are different.)

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                This is wearing thin.

They clearly have plans to move to a larger ground and generate more income. I think they'll generate it elsewhere as well. Hotel maybe, and from growing our Asian followers.

They are all astute men.
                Yeah benny I think you're right. I saw on player the second part of the interview with Phil Beard and he's saying we're going to explore many income avenues, and eventually a larger ground

Comment

TV dosh will more then cover the wages. As been mentioned many times.

Comment

idea would be pay 2/3 top wages for players who will keep you in the league and thus allow you to pickup tv money
                    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                    Lovejoy: "No?!"
                    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by davidla80 View Post
                      OK, ok - sorry everyone!
                      I'm not sure if there's much money to be made in Asia unless we finish top 4 (e.g. when I lived in Taiwan I saw lots of Man U/Chelsea tops but not many Spurs tops - maybe other Asian countries are different.)
                      David no need to apologise nothing wrong with being over cautious.
                      We're QPR afterall, not used to spending like this, and getting big names in!!

Comment

It's a bit of a gamble, but if we set ourselves up for a long stay in the Premier League it'll be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by davidla80 View Post
                          OK, ok - sorry everyone!
                          Well. I think raising the sustainability of the whole operation is a very valid point. But - these chaps are not your pompy lot for example. I think we're gonna be about, and punching hard for a long, long time. As for Asia - massive population. Just a fraction of that market would suffice - and I don't think we need a top 4 to get that. Just attractive, quality football like the good old days. Fernandes and the fast, modern media will take care of the rest. You rrrrrrrr's.

Comment

Working...
                          X