Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so what do the doubters think of hill and derry

hill= thought he was ok, never really looked tested enough

derry= had moments were he broke up play and stuff and look good but also had moments were i thought he looked out of his depth??

Any1 else?

bith much better than we had last season imho.
    look steady and you dont get your heart in your mouth everytime the other team presses to our box anymore.

Comment

derry was ok...nothing special.

however hill surprised the hell out of me. wasnt the best player on the pitch but did his job well. saw him more in the 1st half as i was in a block lower. thought he was pretty good.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

a lot better than rampage so improvement without a doubt.....rowlands for derry though imho!
        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Both used their experience to make the win look easier than it was. They battled for every ball and didn't allow Barnsley back into the game. Basically they were not spectacular but gave away nothing and did all the dirty work well and allowed the more gifted to grab the headlines. Well NW you certainly know what your doing.
          RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
            a lot better than rampage so improvement without a doubt.....rowlands for derry though imho!
            i dont want that mate. rowlands is too attacking orientated, we need derry to hold us together at the back, we got enough flair going forward now. just need that striker so we can burn helgusson.

Comment

derrys legs wont last 46 games so rowly will have to come in!
              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

did he miss much of last season do you know?

Comment

Hill surprised me as well -- never going to be the paciest player but positionally very good, immensely strong and committed BUT also got forward a bit as well.

A special word for Derry though - I'm sure he'll have a few stinkers but I can see why he's been captain at various clubs. He was non stop talking and encouragement today plus always there in therefs ear about various things.

Welcome additions.
                  I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

Difficult to judge in a game like that, as we were quite scrappy all game but ran out easy winners. Doubt Derry has the legs for more than 25 games this season.

Comment

Hill Today..

I thought ,like Neil said, we rode our luck abit in the first half but certainly looked better as the game went on.

Now Mr Hill at left back.For sure their whinger Delaney i think wasn;t the best, but i thought Hill had a steady game at left back.Looks solid and like Orr got better as game went on.Although Orr did do a strange header...

Also - Heider, pity he missed that sitter, blimey can he jump.Reminds of Les F (Only in the Jumping department.) He leaps like a salmon.

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                        I thought ,like Neil said, we rode our luck abit in the first half but certainly looked better as the game went on.

Now Mr Hill at left back.For sure their whinger Delaney i think wasn;t the best, but i thought Hill had a steady game at left back.Looks solid and like Orr got better as game went on.Although Orr did do a strange header...

Also - Heider, pity he missed that sitter, blimey can he jump.Reminds of Les F (Only in the Jumping department.) He leaps like a salmon.
                        Might leap like the proverbial salmon but finishes like my old trout of a mother-in-law.....

Agreed shocking miss although he did take his penno very cooly..

Comment

Derry was excellent, hill and orr didn't have much to do.

Comment

I though Hill had a really good game. He Didn't lose one header. Last season Borrowdale didn't winone header. True he will come up against pacier winges, but he gave us something at left back we have been missing.
                            Derry did OK, but I feel Rowlands will be the better option long term.
                            Mackie was fantastic. I can see what NW likes about him. Chased everything down and a nice touch as well.

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
                              did he miss much of last season do you know?
                              Nope-started in something crazy like 50-60 consecutive games for us last season, only being subbed in one after a dead leg. However, in the last 3 months of last season he was clearly fatigued and his performances dropped.

Was Hill playing left-back for you guys?

Comment

Working...
                              X