Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AARON Drewe

All the best to the future Arron.

Drewe will be moving on from QPR this summer following the expiry of his contract.

Drewe, 23, joined the club when he was just eight years old. He rose through the youth setup before making his senior debut in January 2022 against Rotherham in the FA Cup.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/may/...drewe-departs/

He hasn't made many appearances and at 23 he should have done more by now. Another U23 out the door! We're really not producing much.

I dint think I saw him in a live game. Didn't a few mention an apparent lack of pace as a key weakness? If so, that been lacking for quite a few years. Hopefully he can stay in the professional game.

It l0oks like the prem teams are hoovering up the young London talent and we need to get these when they get released. Like JCS and Willock.

Comment

I think Drewe will go on to have a decent career in League One or Two. He had a few good matches for us. I recall a MOM performance.

Comment

We really have to be better at developing kids.... it currently feels like we're a feeder club for Gillingham.

I know it's hard, but our strike rate at turning them from kids into 1st X! players and then selling them for a windfall profit is pretty feeble.

I've previously posited the idea of just binning all youth development cos we seem better at picking up young men from other clubs or the scrap heap - I'm thinking BOS, Eze, Armstrong for instance. Maybe young Kohli will buck the trend but surely the new hierarchy will be casting a very furrowed brow at the youth development set-up they inherited.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
          I think Drewe will go on to have a decent career in League One or Two. He had a few good matches for us. I recall a MOM performance.
          I think you're generous with MOM performance for us. I was amazed we gave him another year.

He should have pushed for loan. 152 minutes on pitch over 4 appearances last season. Not enough playing time at this stage of his career.

National League maybe.

Comment

Working...
          X