Joe walsh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe walsh

Fantastic debut, gutted for the team conceding the goal.

Very good on the Guitar also
    F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

I saw the highlights and there was one instance where his parred the ball into the middle of the penalty area. Also, he was scrambling back after the cross that resulted in their goal, so was he out of position?

Time will tell what Marti thought of his performance.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
        I saw the highlights and there was one instance where his parred the ball into the middle of the penalty area. Also, he was scrambling back after the cross that resulted in their goal, so was he out of position?

Time will tell what Marti thought of his performance.
        Yes. I thought he parried at least two that were catchable, and as you say, they weren't controlled and directed parries and could've gone anywhere. I know today's goalies are scared to death of modern footballs that move around in flight but, FFS, sometimes you just got catch the bleeding thing cos it sends a massive positive message throughout the ground.

It's just one game, a debut, so can show some forbearance and allow for some nerves but I'd be 50/50 at this juncture about believing we have a solid first choice GK in Walsh.

It's such a key position. A suboptimal keeper can literally derail the whole season irrespective of how good the outfield players are. I am hugely attracted to the short term season long acquistion of an older, hugely experienced ex-international physically imposing and dominant GK - I'm sure there are plenty of them out there who'd be happy to join a London Championship team that has a feelgood factor about it.

I'm in no way writing Walsh off, he needs to get stuck into preseason and grab his opportunity and make himself Marti's de facto no.1.

Comment

No harm in discussing his performance and development. I never intended to rubbish him as you know. That's why I was keen to see him play at Cov when any errors wouldn't cost us real points. It will be interesting to see how things pan out with Walsh. Also, Murphy was going great guns at Swindon before injury. If we could guarantee both would be nos 1 keepers at League 1 or 2 clubs next season perhaps season long loans would be better...........only the coaching staff know.

Comment

Originally posted by northampton rs View Post
            Very good on the Guitar also
            The Eagle has Landed , ( Excuse the pun) a decent performance a couple of errors when trying to play out & 3 really good saves and looks like the first keeper who can kick the ball properly in ages

Comment

Working...
            X