X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shania
    replied
    Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Nah, they're done for. They've put themselves into administration so it's 12pts deduction, nothing to discuss. They are still negotiating a punishment for previous financial nonsense so whatever that outcome is will get added to the 12pts.
    9 points?

Leave a comment:

• davieqpr
    replied
    Didn't he use the Stadium as the collateral on a £20m loan from an Americas hedge fund?

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by gator View Post
    I think it's safe to say if they could have beaten our 10 men side at Wembley they wouldn't be in this mess, well maybe it would have delayed things a bit, terribly run club, I have little sympathy for the cheats!
    If they had beaten us at Wembley perhaps we wouldn't have got into the mess we did.

One wise chap once said ''Its a funny ol' game''

Leave a comment:

• gator
    replied
    I think it's safe to say if they could have beaten our 10 men side at Wembley they wouldn't be in this mess, well maybe it would have delayed things a bit, terribly run club, I have little sympathy for the cheats!

Leave a comment:

• Abseits
    replied
    Be interesting to watch how Rams extricate themselves from that phoney ground sale nonsense they indulged in. Obviously any potential buyer will want the club AND stadium in the deal but I suspect Mel Morris pee'd on his chips with his smoke and mirrors stadium accounting and now he's deep in do-do holding a grossly overvalued stadium to get rid of.

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by northampton rs View Post

Any idea when the points get deducted?
    got to feel for Wycombe?
    Minus 2 pts on the BBC championship table

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table

Leave a comment:

• Dono77
    replied
    Looks like reading are about to get 9 points deducted aswell. They have a wage bill of 40m per year which is absolutely astonishing. It's not like they are running away with the league. Trying to buy success. We all know how that tends to go!!

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by northampton rs View Post

got to feel for Wycombe?
    I assume they come off immediately until any appeal is heard. If they appeal.

Feel for Wycombe and hopefully they can come straight back up

Leave a comment:

• northampton rs
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    Now official and deducted 12 points

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58649432
    got to feel for Wycombe?

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Now official and deducted 12 points

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58649432

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by Abseits View Post

What's a "Bury" then? They cheated and overspent and got promoted at the expense of clubs who played with a straight bat. They subsequently couldn't cash all the cheques they'd written and went bust. Nobody wanted to buy them or rescue them - why would anyone be interested in buying a septic club with barely 1.5K fans attending games???? There are dozens of properly run clubs that are 10x bigger than Bury in the 5th tier or below, why should they have to watch Bury sitting smugly cheating at top table - it doesn't make sense.

I suspect most of these cheating crooked clubs hope that sentimental dewy eyed simps will rally round and not allow the clubs to fail, even when the club is guilty of systematic gross mismanagement and blatant cheating.

It's open for a Bury phoenix club to rejoin the pyramid at a bottom tier and I believe that's happened, that sounds fair enough to me.
    ded
    In truth, whilst I feel for the fans, cannot really disagree with the above.

Years ago, Luton were also heavily punished for 'financial cheating' and to all intense and purposes were relegated out of the Football League. I think that many of the Luton fanbase believe a similar fate for Derby would be justice.

I have some sympathy for Wycombe, but in all honesty the 'promotion' they won (whilst in 7th place with games in hand) was very unfair on Peterboro and other clubs when the League 1 season was abandoned and many would say justice was served with their relegation.

QPR got caught 'cheating' the Financial (un)Fair Play rules and the punishment served has been the financial restraints that have seen us spend 6 more seasons - and counting -in the Championship. Struggling in the bottom 10 for most of those.

Leave a comment:

• Abseits
    replied
    Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
    Even tho I'm happy that Derby have what's coming to them I do not want any club to do a Bury no mater who.
    What's a "Bury" then? They cheated and overspent and got promoted at the expense of clubs who played with a straight bat. They subsequently couldn't cash all the cheques they'd written and went bust. Nobody wanted to buy them or rescue them - why would anyone be interested in buying a septic club with barely 1.5K fans attending games???? There are dozens of properly run clubs that are 10x bigger than Bury in the 5th tier or below, why should they have to watch Bury sitting smugly cheating at top table - it doesn't make sense.

I suspect most of these cheating crooked clubs hope that sentimental dewy eyed simps will rally round and not allow the clubs to fail, even when the club is guilty of systematic gross mismanagement and blatant cheating.

It's open for a Bury phoenix club to rejoin the pyramid at a bottom tier and I believe that's happened, that sounds fair enough to me.

Leave a comment:

• bushkangaroo
    replied
    Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
    Even tho I'm happy that Derby have what's coming to them I do not want any club to do a Bury no mater who.
    I would like Chelsea to 'do a Bury' but ain't gonna happen ever

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KismetRanger
    replied
    Feel bad for Wycombe honestly, should have been sent down straight away. Cheated for ages now, time for them to get their comeuppance!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X