Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what went right and how do we get back to it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what went right and how do we get back to it?

The first half season Flav et all came in the garden was rosy. The way that was achieved was by appointing an experienced manager (albeit his English could have been better!) who earned the affection of the fanbase and who had the team playing attractive football and getting results. We also bought cleverly, either bargain permanent signings or quality loans with a view to permanent. Investment was made to improve the ground and we were presented with an achievable 4 year plan. The owners were very visible and happy to talk about the club and their plans.

I will not waste space going into all that has gone wrong on and off the pitch.

I don't think it would take an awful lot to get the feelgood factor back. May sound mad but everyone wants the same thing and that is for the club to be successful. We need to draw a line under all the BS of the last two seasons and start again.

As fans what I think we need is some clear communication from the board. I am not interested in an apology which I know some fans are. What I would like is a simple admission that things have not gone entirely to plan and a relatively detailed proposal for how to get things back on track. This could be done through the official website and maybe by allowing the same content on other Rs forums.

Flavio may publicly dismiss the £20 fans but behind that he is not stupid. Those £20 quickly become £40 when you take into account merchandise, programmes, refreshments ect and if he wants the club to succeed he needs as many fans as possible to turn up. That is what to an extent will provide the revenue streams to make the club a viable venture. So sorry that means engaging with the fans and winning them back over.

As a fan I would like to know what they envisage happening over the next two years and how they think that will happen. At the moment all we see are things continually going wrong and being given no information. It is no wonder we are all royally rissed off!

From a PR side establish a regular forum with fan bodies, bring the community back in with fan days etc. It is frankly ridiculous we have got to an us and them stage with the club. Again we all want the same thing so what's the problem?

Use the rest of this season to steady the ship on and off the pitch. Give us some hope the right changes will be made in the summer and we will be ready to rock next season.

From the owners perspective this is potentially a great venture. West London based, playing at a reasonably high level, in all a great springboard to build from. All football clubs are a money pit and this one is without doubt no different. That will never change unless we do get promotion, stay there and in time move to a new ground. To get there the owners need to spend big over the next few years and risk writing off a hell of a lot of money if it doesn't happen. If they aren't prepared to do that I would rather they came out and said so and that their aim was just to keep us where we are. That in itself would be a big improvement on where we were when they took over and I could reluctantly accept that even bearing in mind all the hype over Premiership and Champions League.

So come on club give us an olive branch and start building some bridges. This is potentially a great club that could work well for all involved. At the moment it is no fun for anyone.
Working...
X