• Godfather's report of Tuesday night's frustrating cup tie

Tuesday 12th January 2010
    The FA Cup Third Round Replay
    Loftus Road Stadium
    Referee: Mr A Woolmer
    Attendance: 5,780
    Queens Park Rangers 2-3 Sheffield United

By The Godfather

Queens Park Rangers starting line-up: Cerny, Ramage, Stewart, Gorkss, Borrowdale, Routledge, Buzsaky, Faurlin, Leigertwood, Simpson, Agyemang.

Sheffield United starting line-up: Bunn, Morgan, Taylor, Seip, Geary, Montgomery, Williamson, Harper, Quinn, Evans, Cresswell.

5780 people attended this fixture. Obviously the cold weather will have put many off travelling to Loftus Road, but even so, I find this figure disappointing and, frankly, rather worrying. What does it say about the state of our club?

In many ways, this was the same old story for Queens Park Rangers. A combination of shocking defending and poor finishing in front of goal allowed Sheffield United to take the advantage. I have to say, when Richard Cresswell tapped into the net to make it 3-0 to the away side, I did think that the game had been put out of the Rs' reach. However, despite some bizarre (and unpopular) substitutions, Hart's men staged a late comeback, netting two goals and almost equalising in stoppage time.

More...
Working...
X