What was the point of Cerny...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the point of Cerny...

lumping all those long balls up to Simpson, who is about as big and threatening as Ian Hislop? Has he lost confidence to play it short out of defence after Leicester? Last night Simpson was all alone up front - with Buz and Tarabt rarely bothering to make the run into the box - often about twenty yards in advance of our midfield. Watson is meant to be a box to box player but I hope last night was just a bad day at the office because he offered no support. Yet again it showed how desperately we need a big centre forward: can we really wait till January? Routledge is a winger and now the surprise element of having him up front has gone, he doesn't work in that position and we lose all his brilliant assists.

i do agree that too many long balls was played but with watsons disappearance we couldnt go through midfield quickly. routledge up top has been sussed. we need to put adel or buz there.
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

There is no point whatsoever, even though there were people around me yelling at Cerny to kick the ****ing ball. Unfortunately we have no height up front for a plan B and our full backs do not instinctively take up good positions and this allows them to be shut down. Last night Watson was not up to full speed so the only other option for Cerny was Faurlin but Colin clocked this and got him marked too. It is a problem at present because we are consistently giving possesion away when we should be building attacks. Perhaps a bigger pitch might help as in the second half Cerny tried to find the wingers but a couple of them went stright out.
      RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        lumping all those long balls up to Simpson, who is about as big and threatening as Ian Hislop? Has he lost confidence to play it short out of defence after Leicester? Last night Simpson was all alone up front - with Buz and Tarabt rarely bothering to make the run into the box - often about twenty yards in advance of our midfield. Watson is meant to be a box to box player but I hope last night was just a bad day at the office because he offered no support. Yet again it showed how desperately we need a big centre forward: can we really wait till January? Routledge is a winger and now the surprise element of having him up front has gone, he doesn't work in that position and we lose all his brilliant assists.
        This absolutely baffled me last night, its almost like we are looking for a knock down from the opposition further up the field because we aren't gonna win anything in the air are we.

Comment

Simpson who normally doesn't jump and Routledge who's 2ft 2 inches tall up top... surely it's obvioulsy they way forward to lump it up to them.....

Almost as bad as the Holloway days we lumped it to Cureton to challeng 8 ft centre halves.

Comment

We need to be giving Cerny other options as he only has seconds to distribute the ball once he has it, problem is the full backs are not giving him options and nor are many of our midfield and therefore he has no option. When other teams were not picking up the full backs so easily, he rarely kicked it. They have really got to work on this as we are just giving away possession.

Comment

Originally posted by kingo View Post
              We need to be giving Cerny other options as he only has seconds to distribute the ball once he has it, problem is the full backs are not giving him options and nor are many of our midfield and therefore he has no option. When other teams were not picking up the full backs so easily, he rarely kicked it. They have really got to work on this as we are just giving away possession.
              Once again Kingo, that pretty much sums it up
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

who do we get then? Routlege plays good and he should be played in a rooney role.
                WEST COUNTRY RANGER

Comment

Leiciester and now Palace have cottoned onto the idea we play the ball out. Cerny had to kick it, because the front two of Palace, made sure he couldn't roll it out.
                  ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                    Leiciester and now Palace have cottoned onto the idea we play the ball out. Cerny had to kick it, because the front two of Palace, made sure he couldn't roll it out.
                    It's that simple.

Force us long, and win the headers. Easy.
                    Maybe a target man is required, but the choice about who makes way for "him" is not an easy one.
                    You can't play the same way every week without being sussed by even average managers.

And I mean a quality target man.

Comment

I actually thought he threw the ball out well i the second half. A couple of times he found his man on the half way line with a throw, once Taraabt and once Hogan, and we had a break with superior numbers. One of them we should have scored from and it would have been down to him.

Assaid above, he needs options, but when he didn't have anything obvious, he made some of his own to be fair.

Comment

I don't see how Cerny has come under scrutiny yet again. Last week, he passed short as someone called and made a mistake which led to us losing. Last night, he does what all keepers do and launched it upfield. It's not his problem we are weak up top with no target man.

Yes - I agree, It's frustrating to see, but what can Cerny do?

Pass short, we can give goals away.
                        Kick long, we can't win it.
                        Kick inbetween and we'll still lose it, except this time it's closer to goal.

Poor bloke.
                        Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                          I don't see how Cerny has come under scrutiny yet again. Last week, he passed short as someone called and made a mistake which led to us losing. Last night, he does what all keepers do and launched it upfield. It's not his problem we are weak up top with no target man.

Yes - I agree, It's frustrating to see, but what can Cerny do?

Pass short, we can give goals away.
                          Kick long, we can't win it.
                          Kick inbetween and we'll still lose it, except this time it's closer to goal.

Poor bloke.
                          I don't think many think it is Cerny's fault but it is something we as a team need to work on. When he has the ball, more players need to be ready to receive and at present nearly all of them either have their backs to him or are marked out of it. If the full backs are marked up he needs to be able to throw or kick to others, but they have to be ready to receive and last night and on Friday many were not.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                            Agree, they knew our game plan so we had to switch it up and change our tactics.... Against Bigger teams such as wba, and m'boro who we play in december im confident you would see our usual style of rolling it out.
                            Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Originally posted by kingo View Post
                              I don't think many think it is Cerny's fault but it is something we as a team need to work on. When he has the ball, more players need to be ready to receive and at present nearly all of them either have their backs to him or are marked out of it. If the full backs are marked up he needs to be able to throw or kick to others, but they have to be ready to receive and last night and on Friday many were not.
                              I know mate, but his name is being unfairly brought up of late. Even the bad pass wasn't entirely his fault. All game he was asked for ghe ball short as the long ball didn't work, then when he decides to listen to the call from Ramage, he turns his back. Don't get me wrong, Cerny is a wally for attempting it at such weak pace when a striker is near, but he was hardly helped.
                              Your mum would love me...

Comment

Working...
                              X