Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim dedicates win to Rowlands

QPR Official Site - MAGILTON: 'OUR BEST YET'

Jim Magilton waxed lyrical as the R's trounced play-off contenders Preston North End in emphatic style at Loftus Road.

Goals from Adel Taarabt, Akos Buzsaky, Jay Simpson and Wayne Routledge clinched the 4-0 win, to the delight of the R's gaffer.

"That's our best performance so far without any doubt - probably the best I've seen from one of my sides in my time in management," he told www.qpr.co.uk.

"We took our opportunities today; from the first whistle I thought we were excellent.

"The victory is as much for Martin Rowlands as it is for everyone else connected to the Club.

"We said we wanted to put on a performance he could be proud of and we did just that.

"We'd like to dedicate that win to him."

Magilton added: "We applied ourselves really well - we looked like we could score at will.

"To win in the manner we did, against a very good side, is just outstanding - simply outstanding."

Magilton paid tribute to the performance of all his players, but when asked about Taarabt's opening goal, added: "Adel is a genius.

"He's a dying breed in today's game. He can beat men with ease. He just darts past them.

"Very few players can go by players like he can, but he has outstanding ability.

"His finish was simply out of this world."

Despite the margin of the final scoreline, Magilton warned against complacency and insists his side will have to do it all over again when Reading travel to Loftus Road on Tuesday night.

"Let's not get carried away," he said.

"We've got to follow this up on Tuesday with another performance and victory and if we do that I'll be delighted."

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/TheGaffer/...829113,00.html
Working...
X